Extending a slide platform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mhood

Hi all

I am wanting to replace the horrible couch in my 2011 sunseeker with either two recliners or a reclining loveseat.  My issue it that the slide platform under the couch is a little shallow compared to the dinette area (same slide out). To make the new units fit I would need to extend the platform 6-8 in.  This is our first RV and I am not sure how the platforms are constructed and what I would need to do to extend it...

Any ideas would be great

Mark

Do you mean on the inside edge, or do you want to re-construct the whole slide to make it deeper?

A slide is simply a box with one side open. Some drop down when extended to make a flush floor, but I'm guessing yours does not?  If the recliner overhangs the inner edge, you can just make a simple filler board and put it down along the inner edge after deploying the slide. That way its not in the way when the slide is in. Or you can attach it to the edge of the slide itself if that's not a concern. The slide floor is just a slab of plywood, perhaps with an edge trim piece but often just carpet-covered.

My side floor was shorter where the Jack knife sofa was compared to the dinette side so I pulled back the carpet, cut a 2x10 down to size so laying flat, it "filled in" the "notch". I attached it to the slide floor with thin metal straps. Then I re-covered that floor with carpet that I stole from under where the new sofa would hide the missing carpet. I also put carpet on the underside of the new wood so it didn't scratch the floor. 

Back
Top Bottom