Hot water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Modeladay

How hard is it to remove the hot water tank? I have fairly easy access under the bunk bed. It has to come out to remove the back aluminum siding.

Modeladay said:
How hard is it to remove the hot water tank? I have fairly easy access under the bunk bed. It has to come out to remove the back aluminum siding.

Drain it first then disconnect both water lines, disconnect the 12 volt wiring and 110 Volt AC if applicable, disconnect the propane line after you shut off the propane tank, remove the access door at the hinges then remove all the screws behind the access door on the outside.  Then jus slide it out. The caulking may have a good grip in it.

Rene T said:
Drain it first then disconnect both water lines, disconnect the 12 volt wiring and 110 Volt AC if applicable, disconnect the propane line after you shut off the propane tank, remove the access door at the hinges then remove all the screws behind the access door on the outside.  Then jus slide it out. The caulking may have a good grip in it.
You forgot, "cuss a lot". :D

It sounds harder than it is.  If you have good access to the water lines it's a piece of cake.  Remove as much of the caulking and adhesive as you can before trying to move it.

I had to pull mine out about 6 inches just to get access to the lines.  Thankfully they were flexible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom