Having hard time opening door.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DisneyCamping

Sorry for such a easy question, but we just bought our first 5th wheeler. I can not open the door. My husband can. I try my hardest buy can't get it open. Is there anything I can do to "loosen" it up?? or does it get easier with time since its brand new? TIA

One of the door frames for our trailer was misaligned at the factory. It was really hard to open. We took it back to the dealer and got it adjusted under warranty. I still have to put some inward pressure on it when I open it, but it works fine now. I would recommend putting it on your warranty hit list.

Yeah, there are a few things on entry doors that might have to be adjusted - and I agree that it should be done under warranty. You might be able to expedite the process by identifying what's dragging or sticking, but you should be able to open it without any trouble.

Kev

You can adjust the door striker and see if that helps, also make sure the trailer is level door in rear back stabilizers are down etc. Torque on the frame can make the door mis-align.

Good Luck,

Jim

We have the same problem with our motorhome.  It only happens when we are perfectly level.  If we are just slightly off perfect level, front to back or side to side, it is much easier to open  :eek:  I've just been living with it, never had it looked at. 

Steve

Perhaps someone with the same RV can help you.

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1. Click "Profile" button towards the top of the screen.

2. Scroll down a ways and select "Modify Profile"

3. Select Forum Profile

4. Fill it out and click on "Change profile".

This may sound a little alarmist, but I would have this #1 on the repair list. To me, it's a safety issue and should be addressed by the dealer without any argument.  If you can't get the door open, you could very well get stuck lnside in an emergency.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom