Electric problem 2003 brave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dazley

Please help if you can, I think I ended up drawing too much power from an insufficient source and now my shore and gen power doesn't work,  I have a new source of power now and still nothing, the ats switch seems to be working and I have power on both sides of the relay of the ats switch. I don't have any power to the fuse box. I want to thank you all in advance you all are the best...

Perhaps an "inappropriate source" rather than one that was was just "insufficient" in power (amps)? Maybe 240v when only 120 was OK? Insufficient max amps can't harm anything. Please tell us more about the original problem.

In any case, look at the wiring diagrams for your '03 Brave on the Winnebago website and see what lies between the ATS and the load center main breaker. You mentioned a fuse box, but 120v power is all breakers rather than fuses.  Was that a euphemism for the main 120v power panel, or is it actually the 12v fuses that aren't receiving power? If you have no 12v, many things won't work at all and it may seem you have no power. Many RV functions use 12v powered circuit boards for control and won't work without 12v power present.

https://winnebagoind.com/product-resources/product-information

Jim Dazley said:
Please help if you can, I think I ended up drawing too much power from an insufficient source and now my shore and gen power doesn't work,  I have a new source of power now and still nothing, the ats switch seems to be working and I have power on both sides of the relay of the ats switch. I don't have any power to the fuse box. I want to thank you all in advance you all are the best...

Jim Dazley
If there are circuit breakers on your inverter you may have tripped one... or both.
My inverter has 2 breakers on the face of the inverter itself.....but on some inverters they are difficult to see/find.
(The Owner's Manual for your inverter will show where they are).

Before you ask what the inverter has to do with shore, (or generator), power...be aware that on many RVs the 120VAC power, (whether shore power or generator power), "passes through" breakers on the inverter on it's way into the "house" of the RV.

mel s said:
Jim Dazley

Before you ask what the inverter has to do with shore, (or generator), power...be aware that on many RVs the 120VAC power, (whether shore power or generator power), "passes through" breakers on the inverter on it's way into the "house" of the RV.

To clarify: Usually only the shore or generator 120VAC power to the receptacles in the RV that can be powered by the inverter "passes through" curcuit breakers on the inverter.
The shore and/or generator power to the roof A/Cs, water heater, the washer dryer, the inverter/converter/charger, etc., runs directly to the 120VAC panel (and therefore is not affected by the curcuit breakers on the inverter).

mel s said:
To clarify: Usually only the shore or generator 120VAC power to the receptacles in the RV that can be powered by the inverter "passes through" curcuit breakers on the inverter. ..
Correct. What outlets are on the inverter sub panel varies by model. Our 'queen of the' fleet Horizon has all outlets on the inverter sub panel, only the water heater and probably the Spendide are not inverter capable.

If you have power on both sides of the ATS, it has to be between the ATS and Main Breaker Panel. Have you measured the voltage at the input side of the main breaker in your breaker panel? Sounds like it could be the main 30 or 50 amp breaker.

mel s said:
Jim Dazley
If there are circuit breakers on your inverter you may have tripped one... or both.
My inverter has 2 breakers on the face of the inverter itself.....but on some inverters they are difficult to see/find.
(The Owner's Manual for your inverter will show where they are).

Did the OP say they had a invertor? I may have missed it.

Rene T said:
All he said was:

I would be nice if he would check back in since so many people are trying to assist him.

Rene T said:

Rene T
No...the OP didn't say whether or not his 2003 Brave has an inverter.
(However if it doesn't I assume he is intelligent enough to ignore my suggestion).

mel s said:
Rene T
No...the OP didn't say whether or not his 2003 Brave has an inverter.
(However if it doesn't I assume he is intelligent enough to ignore my suggestion).

Many people don't know the difference between a CONvertor and a INvertor that's why I brought it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom