Trip to Pierre South Dakota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boonieman

I enjoy reading about other's experiences at campgrounds, so thought I would report on ours. We pulled out Keystone Fuzion 322 toy hauler up and back. I averaged about a measly 7.5 MPG (diesel) there and back, mostly due to a lot of wind coming and going. We stayed at the Corps of Engineers campground below the Oahe Reservoir. There are three campgrounds and we stayed in #3 because they have campsites in that one available right on the water. There is no water or sewer hookup, but they have fresh water available at the dump station on the way in to fill up the fresh water tank, and our site was 50 amp service. We mostly used the shower house ( very nice and clean) and never had to refill water or dump during our two week stay. It was cool, so had to run the furnace for the first time ever, and it kept us nice and toasty. I think we have 30# propane tanks (don't hold me to that) and used two tanks in two weeks. We heat out home with propane in Kentucky and it's like $2.31 a pound (that might include tank rental-not sure). In Pierre it cost $0.61 cents a pound!!! I sure wish I could have brought some back. We went there to fish for northern pike, and did fair, but the weather was crappy. The previous two years we did great. Lots to do in Pierre, it's the state capital and museums and plenty of box stores for shopping on rainy days. I dropped my phone out of my pocket into the water when I bent over and toasted it, but that was the only disaster. At some point the porch light got turned on over the main door. It would stay on even with the batter disconnect switch turned on.....I haven't figured that out yet. We had many people on the way back telling us our light was on. Almost home, my better half says she read on the internet if you turn it on with the remote, you can only turn it off with the remote. Well, the remote turned it off. Who would design something like that? Anyway, Pierre is a nice destination. Not crowded, good restaraunts (our most used one was Pizza Ranch) for those who like the quiet scene. Happy trails!

Back
Top Bottom