Class A brakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jpat40

So I'm looking at a Tiffin Allegro 2003 Workhorse chassis that had several brake issues. Last year it had the calipers replaced due to left one seizing. Workhorse has a recall. Called the dealer service rep, he says recall was on W chassis and mine is a P chassis. SAYS any mobile home that sits longer then 90 days Could very well have brake issues.  Could I have some feedback on this statement please! Thanks in advance

It's not just motor homes.  I have a Silverado that mostly sits. It sat for a year and I had to put in a couple of fuel injectors and one new caliper.

It's true that a vehicle that sits around can suffer brake problems, but that doesn't speak to probabilities and variables such as climate. Most do not suffer anything worse than some noise or short term "grab" until the rust gets rubbed off and the moving parts loosen up a bit. Worse in wet climates than deserts, of course. And worse if the rig is driven in snow country where there is often salt on the roads (even after the snow is gone).

And yes, the brake recall was on the Workhorse W20/W22 series chassis, not the P-series.

Jpat40 said:
So I'm looking at a Tiffin Allegro 2003 Workhorse chassis that had several brake issues. Last year it had the calipers replaced due to left one seizing. Workhorse has a recall. Called the dealer service rep, he says recall was on W chassis and mine is a P chassis. SAYS any mobile home that sits longer then 90 days Could very well have brake issuesCould I have some feedback on this statement please! Thanks in advance

Jpat40
I'd like to ask that dealer service rep. this question: "When I can I expect to have brake issues on my now 21 year old Safari coach with 148k miles on the odometer....and which often sits unused for as long as 6 months"?.

I really appreciate you folks voicing points. Thanks.  I am gonna buy it and become an RVer. ?

After, 3 years of sitting still I had a serious "Rumble" When braking for about 100-200 miles.. Nice and smooth after 1200  at tmiles.
Still doing repair work...  Got almost done with one repair/modification job today and had to go inside to get a zip tie... The  new steps felt like... The day they handed me the key at the dealership.. Nice and firm (The old ones had somey  give.. You see the mounting bolts were carraige bolts in wood. the wood, over time, not as good as it was no day one

The new steps the bolts are in the 2nd hole of a 12" mending bar... Nice BIG washer it is  Epoxied, and nuted on two carraige bolts, Hex head on the other two, should make 'em easier to loosen nuts if I ever have to.

Finally I filpped the sitches to retract them.. Worked , perfectly  Re Extending... Likewise.

Back
Top Bottom