1993 Winnebago Vectra Window Awning spring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spacecadet

I have a 1993 Winnebago Vectra with A&E System awnings.  One of the torsion springs on my dinette/couch awning has failed.  The dimensions are 11.5 feet ( 350 cm) long and the diameter of the shaft is around 1.8 inches (46.5 mm).

There is an extremely faded label on one arm that looks like a model number of 

and then a space and then what appears to be either a 100 or a 1DO.

The rear torsion spring is fine.  It's the front spring that appears to be broken.  Can you tell me the modern part number would replace it and whether this should a left hand or right hand spring?  I contacted Dometic and they said "These would be a special order for us.   

3314147.020P  Right Handed Torsion
3314147.038P  Left Handed Torsion"

I cannot find Dometic's suggestion online anywhere.

Thanks for any help.   

Tough to answer without the awning model name. A&E identifies their parts lists/diagrams by name, e.g. Sun Chaser, Imperial, etc. That label on the arm may be a part number for the arm rather than the awning model. Model names & numbers are usually a sticker on the roller tube.

Did Dometic identify the model number for you? If not, how did they decide it would be a special order? Manual awning torsion springs haven't changed that much, and awning size is seldom a factor (you just put more turns on the spring for a larger awning - A&E has a table for that based on size & model of awning). That means that the springs are usually stock items, but maybe the one you have is an oddball.

Left & right are determined as you face the awning from outside. If yours is mounted on the curb side of the RV (as usual), then the "forward" end is the right.

PPL Motorhomes Parts Dept has an excellent online parts catalog and their parts clerks can usually get what you need if you have either a model or part number. They can order from Dometic if needed (last I knew, Dometic doesn't sell direct retail).

Thanks for the info.  I'll have to open the awning again and really look at the boom to see if I can find a model number.

Guessing from the model number, that's probably the Imperial 8000 model.

This instruction sheet for awning repairs might help:
http://hmcclub.homestead.com/awning_replacement_instructions.pdf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom