12 VDC lighting issue in 2 rooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tstory54

I just bought a 1999 Fleetwood Bounder 36s. It is my first RV I have ever owned. I was trying to replace 3 light fixtures in the RV with the wrong type of lights and did not realize that the lights were 12 VDC. I lost the lights in my bump out and my bedroom. All other lights work. I cannot find the fuse, breaker, etc. to fix this issue. I have replaced the fuses in the rear compartment next to the converter and cannot find any other fuse panel location. I have looked everywhere for over a week with no luck. Any ideas?

If I understand correctly, the lights were working until you tried to replace them with 120v fixtures. Did you put the original lights back, or something else?  What happened when you connected the 120v fixture? Sparks, bulb popped, or just didn't work?

At this point it's unclear whether a fuse blew, a wire was damaged, or you simply have something hooked up wrong. Do you have a DC voltmeter (voltage tester) so you can determine if there is still 12v power on any of the wires? Or at the switch that controls them?

The fuse for the lighting should be located at the converter fuse panel, but the labels are often inaccurate or incomplete.

The lights just stopped working when I tried to put the lights in. I put new 12 VDC lights in and they still do not work. I replaced all the fuses in the box last night with no luck. I am going to meter good and bad circuits tonight to see if I can find any common ground.

I metered the light switch in the bedroom, which is in rear of motorhome, and have no voltage at all. There is nothing at the lights in the bumpout also. The bedroom would be the first point to get power. I will have to go through the fuse box again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom