Solar eclipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

Is anyone planning to camp on August 21 in the path of the solar eclipse?  We are.  We are going to crossville tennessee.  Where would you be going to see it?

We're staying home. The path will go right over our house in Dallas, OR. I've been thinking we should rent out space in our backyard for the event. Have you seen the prices hotels and campgrounds are asking for that day??? :eek:

Our campground is only 38 a night. But I did check on a few hotels and they seemed outrageous!  And the eclipse will only last seven minutes or less!

We and some friends have some RV sites in Silverton, OR reserved for those dates. Silverton is in the path of the eclipse. I'm no astronomer and I know nothing about eclipses... I mean, they're kinda neat and all... I was just looking for an excuse to RV up there from San Diego.  ;D By the time we paid for the site, which is nothing more than a gravel parking lot (no hookups) and two "eclipse party passes," which were mandatory if you wanted an RV site, we were into it for $380.00.

Kev

We'll be in the Crossville area also. We are meeting a few friends at the Spring Lake RV Park by Fairfield Glade.

dverstra said:
We'll be in the Crossville area also. We are meeting a few friends at the Spring Lake RV Park by Fairfield Glade.

That looks  like a really nice campground!  We will be at deer run.  Very close to you!

Back
Top Bottom