Chicken Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
For those who have been to Chicken. It's not like I remember it when I used to go there.

https://www.facebook.com/chickengoldcamp/photos/a.276636279285.139207.188353539285/10155339925254286/?type=3&theater

Boy, I'll say!  It was a muddy mess when we were there.

ArdraF

We passed through Chicken in Aug 2016 and that is what chicken looked like.  Well the people weren't there, but the photo in the link looks like one of the three commercial operations we saw.  We never could locate a "town" of Chicken.  Only three separate commercial operations. We originally planned on spending the night there, but decided the place was more "commercial" than we wanted and moved on to boondock on the way toward the Canadian border. 

There was no "town" of Chicken. Just the "outpost" commercial operation.  But it sure has grown & gone upscale since we were there in 2002!  They probably even have a 4-legged dog instead of good ole Lucky!

We stopped there in 2002 on our way to Dawson City via the Top of the World Highway and were asked to carry a message to the folks there. It seems a couple of the [very few] residents in Chicken had gone on a vacation trip and there were no longer enough people there to field a baseball team for an upcoming match against Dawson.  :)

This was the whole "town" August 5th 2002...

Attachments

• Chicken 003 small.jpg
    Chicken 003 small.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 43
This is what the original Chicken place looked like in Aug 2016.  Fresher paint, but pretty much the same as your pic from 2002.

Attachments

• 20 Chicken AK (Medium).JPG
    20 Chicken AK (Medium).JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom