simple green for roof cleaning??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmy87903

I am about to do my yearly part 1 roof cleaning and maintence and have been looking at dicor rubber roof cleaner.After reading every review possible I am very confused to the best possible and primarly safe cleaner I can use.I always have used dawn dishwashing liquid in the past,but this roof needs a little more than that.After reading reviews on dicor cleaner a lot of rv'ers broke down and used simple green which they said were safe of any citrus or petroleum products.Has anyone used simple green and how did u apply?Full strength,diluted?What is the best and safe method I should follow.THX,Any other input is also appreciated.

I have not used SimpleGreen on Dicor, so no help there. However, I have been amazed at how it cleans dirt and grime off just about anything. Try it diluted per directions, then full strength if necessary.

I use Simple Green on my roof and awning: a couple of glugs of Simple Green in a bucket of water, then a splash of bleach. A stiff brush works well, and the solution will need to be changed frequently.

Any good detergent and some bleach will work fine and be safe.  A medium bristle brush helps too, better than a mop or sponge.

There seems to be an excess of paranoia about rubber roof care. They are much tougher than internet babble would have you think! A tiny bit of citrus cleaner or petroleum-base in a solution won't disintegrate it. Just don't pour or spray citrus or petrol products directly on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom