Difficulty inserting BlueOx Aladdin tower into 4" Roadmaster drop hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JakeR

Looking for some ideas on how to make it easier to slide the BlueOx Aladdin tower into 4" Roadmaster drop hitch.    I cannot even get it to the first hole let alone further in to the 2nd hole of the tower.  Tried some dry graphite spray but no luck.  Hopefully others have had the same issue and come up with solutions to try.  Thanks and hope all are having a good camping season so far.  (note: original posting was in error; problem is with tow bar inserting into the drop hitch.  I would think different brands would not matter; the price difference was $59 for the Roadmaster drop hitch vs. $138 for the BlueOx.  But if I cannot get them to fit easier I will have to try the more expensive BlueOx.

Does it feel like the hitch is hitting something in the receiver? I ask because the receiver on my GMC pickup had a small bit of weld sticking up inside the receiver so I had to really drive the hitch home the first time it went in. It basically ended up breaking off that "icicle" of metal and then it would slide in and out easily.

I've tried to feel around in there and look in with a flashlight for a little bit of steel blocking it but have not seen or felt anything.  Nothing seems to be in the way but the fit is horribly tight.  Appreciate your reply.

Last of notes on this subject:  Gave up on the Roadmaster 4" drop hitch adapter I had purchased from etrailer.com and purchased a BlueOx drop hitch locally (at a premium price I must say).  Fits perfectly and slides through to 2nd hole in tow bar.  Per BlueOx there should have been no difference and therefore the Roadmaster one should have worked but there was no way it could.  Lesson learned; not always advantageous to save a few dollars ($100 in this case) if you get stuck with something that does not function as intended.  Buying locally has its advantages when it comes to returning items.

Back
Top Bottom