Size of air chambers on a 2000 coachmen santara freightliner xc chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muskoka guy

I have to take my air endorsement licence and I am having trouble finding the size air chambers on the coach. I have a chart that tells me the chamber by the size. The rear measures just over 6 inches and the front just over 5. They are difficult to measure. They are standard stroke as they have round ports and two air lines. I have read all the manuals I have and have asked several knowledgeable people and cant get a straight answer. I need to know this to pass the test. Thanks in advance.

Turns out I finally found a marking on the rear chambers. It is model 2430 LS. The spring chamber is a 30 and the service half is a 24. The LS identifies it as a long stoke. I found a chart with measurements online. Having identified one, I could use the measurement they gave for it as a reference to show me how they were measuring the chamber. Using this method I identified the front chambers as 16 standard. No markings on the front chambers at all.What a PITA. Having read the entire owners manual, looked online, and asking everyone I knew how to identify these chambers. Only by crawling under the coach with a flashlite and standing on my head practically did I figure out the rear chambers. You must be able to identify the chamber size as you need to know the adjustment limit for the slack adjusters and they are different for each chamber size. Glad to report I passed my test. Cant blame anyone for not knowing offhand. Not easy info to get.

Back
Top Bottom