CRT to LED sound issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dick Zeiter

I have replaced my 1999 CRT TV with a 2016 Samsung Digital LED TV. My old TV had a RCA phono output that fed the dash radio for better sound.

The new TV does not have the same RCA type audio output connection. It has a digital audio port for using an optical digital cable. I'd prefer hearing out of both, dash radio and TV.

Can I adapt or do I have to live with only the TV speakers?

You can get converter box that can take the optical toslink and convert to audio analog RCA
Like this product on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LXY0UFY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497045264&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=toslink+to+rca+adapter&psc=1

Yes there are tos-link to analog adapters. I used to have one, may still (not sure) but let's see if I can find one or two on the web for you.  $14.00 at Wal.mart (Well less actually)  One possible issue is conversion delay. This may be annoying if it cauws lips and speech to be out of sync.

click here

Looks like there are other options on that page too.

NOTE: I used to do a LOT of audio work, most of it digital. so I used this stuff.

Make sure there isn't a stereo mini jack.  Many of the new TV's don't have the RCA plug, but do have a mini stereo jack.

Chances are it doesn't, but worth checking for.

Back
Top Bottom