Remodel wall with barn board look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gustheusher

Hello all, i have a couple of questions in regard to "adding a bit of flavor" to accent a wall in our DP. We(my dear wife) would like the look of a white washed barn board on the non slide out wall. My question is what type of product to use, its a tossup between real wood or a man made type product(glue and fiber and wood particle) with the same look. I have weighed the amount of wood/man made product required and in total i would be adding about 80 lbs to the coach. would the product be best fastened using a silicone product with brad nails or screws or a much stronger adhesive we use in our industry?

Another option would be to use wood look wallpaper.  ;) Much lighter, and still pretty.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Brewster-Ashwile-Cream-Wood-Wallpaper-2686-20131/206867618

Wow, I do like the look of that, I Will have to defiantly look into that option, thanks for forwarding the link!

You could also take real barn boards to a cabinet shop and have them plane only one side of the boards down to end up with around 1/4" thick boards.

I use liquid nails and hold it in place with hot glue while the liquid nails cures. Then hope she never changes her mind. It will not be easy to remove later. LOL

Ahh the hot glue gun! I actually use that during cermamic tile jobs in showres to hold the ceramic soap holders or shelf in place while the caulking around them dry! Good call! That would work if we(my dear wife) doesn't want the the wallpaper I'm pushing for.

Gustheusher said:
................ (my dear wife) doesn't want the the wallpaper I'm pushing for.

My wife says you have a "slim" chance if you make up a "little demo" and somehow convince her but I'd just give up now and face the fact that wallpaper is NOT,,, REPEAT NOT,,, an option. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom