2003 winnie aux. batt switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajmilkfarm

Hi friends, I hope someone can help me. I have a 2003 Winnebago Sightseer. I just replaced both house batteries and replaced the converter. Now my 12 v lights and all are working fine as long as I am hooked up to shore current or have the generator running. If I do not have 110 volt service no 12 volt lights work. The aux battery switch ( by the steps) clicks when i push it, but it doesn't seen to do anything. I am thinking it is a bad switch or a bad solenoid. Any advice??

First thing I would do is double check the cabling to the batteries - make certain everything is hooked up including grounds and connections are tight. Once you check that, find the battery disconnect solenoid and check voltage on each side.

You did take pictures of everything before disconnecting cabling?

thanks John for your response. I will check all cabling again just to be sure. I experimented by shutting all 110 volt current. As I explained no 12 v power to the coach. While the 110 v was off I ran a jumper direct from the pos. terminal of battery to the 12V fuse panel, everything worked, therefor ground is good. This is very baffling to me. I am going to check the solenoid next. The problem is getting to the solenoid. I can see it and hear it click but I can't figure out how to get to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom