EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Can one be happy buying a brand new low end model motorhome ...  (Read 2873 times)

6x16inside

• ---
Re: Can one be happy buying a brand new low end model motorhome ...
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2017, 11:28:17 PM »
One can chose to be happy with most anything these days. Problem is, so many have become "sheep" in every way.
I "chose" to be happy paying 7800 for a 91 Holiday Rambler Imperial which in its hey day, was a "top of the line" 138k machine/home.
I have taken out things I didn't like and remodeled other things to my liking as well as made reasonably sure the unit will take me places, stop when it is supposed to and bring me back as well.
Would I have "preferred" bells and whistles and leather and granite and marble tile, sure why not. However, I cannot even fathom how someone makes a 1000 or more dollar payment, insurance payments, car/toad payments, stick built payment back home, trip money, RV park rates, etc.
I sure knew I couldn't and therefore I am choosing to be happy making this mine instead of accepting someone else's cookie cutter version of what people "should" have, especially that dang "starbucks" mocha vanilla frappe brown and tan everything exterior and interior that became so "popular" 10 or so years ago and never anything but swirls swirls swirls in the paint design, LOL.
Ugh!

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 06:44:14 AM »
Whew I'm glad my Winnebago Adventurer wasn't mention with the 'low end" coaches mentioned. Would of screwed up my night..... (:(

My 15 year old Adventurer may or may not be low end but I love it enough to keep putting more cash into that money pit.

Bill
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret - 1961-1981)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Cats: Grace-11 & Squeak-6, Winnie the ShihTzu - 16 mos

TonyDtorch

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 09:01:57 AM »
 if you are questioning your happiness......haven't you already answered it ?

John Stephens

• ---
  • Vacations begin when you leave the driveway
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »
My 15 year old Adventurer may or may not be low end but I love it enough to keep putting more cash into that money pit.

Bill

I'll second that with my 13 year old Adventurer. It is certainly a money pit, but also certainly not low end.
John
Cape Coral, Fl.
2005 Winnebago Adventurer 38J
Acme EZ Tow Dolly and 2007 Azera

billwild

• ---
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 12:19:58 PM »
Words to go along with happiness are also buyers remorse. How many times have we read even here that someone buys a coach, (mid to low end), and within a year they are unhappy and want to move onto something else. They miss the jacks or the staples are coming through the sofa and chair, or they cannot take along all their stuff as the weight is too much. What do you think Floyd? If you are still here.

Bill

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »
PLEASE DON'T DRAG THIS ONE UP AGAIN,,,it was started in JUNE and beat to death.>>>D
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.