Can one be happy buying a brand new low end model motorhome ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your question seem suitable for me to reply. My wife and I were looking at newer units (2010 to 2013) but keeping our minds open to any in a certain range we were looking at. We found a nice used unit for about 2/3's of what we wanted to spend. Had to put a small amount of $$ in it but have enjoyed it so far. I'd narrow it down to a couple of types and do a bit of driving in my area to go see the units. Find one then have someone check things out for you that knows what they are doing and begin the journey before it is too late. I think when you take your first trip, you will be very glad you did. Happy hunting!!

I will dissent here. Without being too morbid, I say do whatever it takes to make you happy. I have had 7 new RV's in the last 20+ years. #8 is going to be delivered in a few weeks.  Money is something you need here in this life. You can't take it with you. If buying a new rig your last time around is something you have a passion for, then do it! 

The one resolution I made in my life many years ago was this. I imagined myself at some advanced age, lets say 90+ sitting on a porch swing looking back at my life.  The two options I had were, #1- Wow, I wish I would have done..........

And #2- is, Wow, I had a pretty good time! So instead of trying to poll others about what would make you happy, just decide and DO IT!

It's a one way ticket, and there is no "do overs". Experience as much life as you want to now. And that's all I have to say about that.

it's about the same as saying,  "can anyone be happy driving a Toyota ? "

happiness is state of mind...imagine what a "low end" motorhome looks like to a Syrian refugee family. 

chances are if you are not happy with what you can afford...you never will be.

I think if I was comparing a new low end gas to a slightly older high quality gas, I would buy the used one. Mhs are all about the features they have. You dont miss them until you dont have them. My preference is a higher end used dp instead. That will be my next coach. Most likely a 38 to 40 ft. with at least 330 hp and two slides.

The newer the rig, the better the features, no mater what price range it is. an older high end rig may have narrower slides and older style interior layouts.

It's seems like much of the cool new designs come out in the new 'mid grade' rigs,  and the mid grade units being built today have taken the best of the features from the older 'high end' rigs.

So what they do to get you interested in a lower priced rig is they show you all the many cool new features and innovative designs, the same as those of higher priced rigs,

But, what they don't tell you that they cheaped out on the roof construction and other things you don't see. 

YEAH..... But it is still a bit disconcerting to find that you are 'low end' before you even finish your breakfast coffee. :eek:

One can chose to be happy with most anything these days. Problem is, so many have become "sheep" in every way.
I "chose" to be happy paying 7800 for a 91 Holiday Rambler Imperial which in its hey day, was a "top of the line" 138k machine/home.
I have taken out things I didn't like and remodeled other things to my liking as well as made reasonably sure the unit will take me places, stop when it is supposed to and bring me back as well.
Would I have "preferred" bells and whistles and leather and granite and marble tile, sure why not. However, I cannot even fathom how someone makes a 1000 or more dollar payment, insurance payments, car/toad payments, stick built payment back home, trip money, RV park rates, etc.
I sure knew I couldn't and therefore I am choosing to be happy making this mine instead of accepting someone else's cookie cutter version of what people "should" have, especially that dang "starbucks" mocha vanilla frappe brown and tan everything exterior and interior that became so "popular" 10 or so years ago and never anything but swirls swirls swirls in the paint design, LOL.
Ugh!

john owens said:
Whew I'm glad my Winnebago Adventurer wasn't mention with the 'low end" coaches mentioned. Would of screwed up my night..... :)(

My 15 year old Adventurer may or may not be low end but I love it enough to keep putting more cash into that money pit.

Bill

if you are questioning your happiness......haven't you already answered it ?

Bill N said:
My 15 year old Adventurer may or may not be low end but I love it enough to keep putting more cash into that money pit.

Bill

I'll second that with my 13 year old Adventurer. It is certainly a money pit, but also certainly not low end.

Words to go along with happiness are also buyers remorse. How many times have we read even here that someone buys a coach, (mid to low end), and within a year they are unhappy and want to move onto something else. They miss the jacks or the staples are coming through the sofa and chair, or they cannot take along all their stuff as the weight is too much. What do you think Floyd? If you are still here.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom