Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Slide Locks  (Read 250 times)

Kaputnick

• ---
Slide Locks
« on: June 10, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »
My Suncruiser 38T has slide locks that are actuated by rocker switches. Both the passenger and drivers side have stopped working? I assume they are electric but not sure of the wiring or what circuit breaker to check; all appear to be just fine. I know that WB has a recommendation to check for debris blocking the pin location but both slides have toppers and I have not seen any issue. The passenger side stopped in the last few days.
Any suggestions from the group?
Thanx!
2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38T
Workhorse Chassis

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
Re: Slide Locks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
There was a recall from Winnie on our slide locks several years ago, but I don't remember why. Ours was fixed before we took delivery. You might want to contact Winnie tech support. They'll know.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

Mile High

• ---
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 11:03:25 AM »
If you can take it apart from underneath (mine has plastic covers over the locks - one in the closet and the other in the kitchen cupboard), you may be able to diagnose if you have power to them or if they are jammed (humming in the motor maybe).
Brad and Dory
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E (new to us 2016)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
FMCA 457993 / WIT W170238
Denver, CO

Kaputnick

• ---
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »
They were bound up as noted; pulled the shaft pin and released the tension. Working now and might have to do the mod using the washers.
2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38T
Workhorse Chassis

JoelP

• ---
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 11:19:42 AM »
The same thing happened to me this week where one of my slide locks froze in the locked position.  I freed it up with a vice grip applied to the lead screw side near the linkage pin.  Please tell me more about the "mod using washers".
Joel from San Jose

2010 Itasca Suncruiser 37F
8.1L Chevy Workhorse with Banks PowerPack
2016 CMax Energi Hybrid dinghy

Hosted by Over The Network