Slide Locks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaputnick

My Suncruiser 38T has slide locks that are actuated by rocker switches. Both the passenger and drivers side have stopped working? I assume they are electric but not sure of the wiring or what circuit breaker to check; all appear to be just fine. I know that WB has a recommendation to check for debris blocking the pin location but both slides have toppers and I have not seen any issue. The passenger side stopped in the last few days.
Any suggestions from the group?
Thanx!

There was a recall from Winnie on our slide locks several years ago, but I don't remember why. Ours was fixed before we took delivery. You might want to contact Winnie tech support. They'll know.

Kev

If you can take it apart from underneath (mine has plastic covers over the locks - one in the closet and the other in the kitchen cupboard), you may be able to diagnose if you have power to them or if they are jammed (humming in the motor maybe).

They were bound up as noted; pulled the shaft pin and released the tension. Working now and might have to do the mod using the washers.

The same thing happened to me this week where one of my slide locks froze in the locked position.  I freed it up with a vice grip applied to the lead screw side near the linkage pin.  Please tell me more about the "mod using washers".

Back
Top Bottom