Late 90's heavy DP chassis's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mystro544

Greetz all

I currently own a 90 beaver 34 and it came with a proven gillig 6 bag bus chassis, gillig stopped making RV chassis and concentrated strickly on school buses and still does so several manuf had to develop their own and by then beaver had sold off to safari who then was swallowed by monaco.  anyway..iyo, who made the most robust excellent handling heavy chassis from 97-2000 and should it have IFS? I usually spend 70% on country roads so I need very solid handling in the next coach *if I decide to move up a few years,I prefer vintage coaches for truely overbuilt RV's..to me the late 90's was the pinnacle of RVs. BTW..I always liked monaco 8 bag but I'm not sure how it does? CC had a nice chassis but there were others also....sorry for ramblin :)

Just my 2 cents:  I have a freightliner chassis 2003.  IMO, Freightliner support is very important to me.  And Freightliner Oasis dealers.  I have had some maintenance issues and Freightliner was always there for me.  I would never buy a motorhome chassis that was not Freightliner in the DP configuration.  Just one example:  coming out to Vegas, the air "dump valve" failed, which allowed air to leave the suspension.  Called Freightliner (24x7) and they told me some things to try to fix it.  They didn't work, but Freightliner pointed me at a SUPER Oasis shop in Dallas, not far from where I was.  The shop diagnosed the problem on a Friday afternoon, air freighted the part in the next morning and I was back on the road Saturday at noon.  Also, Freightliner truck forums often provide additional information that RV forums do not, especially on hard core maintenance and repair issues.
Prior to this coach, I had a Gas Winnebago 1999 on the Ford F53 chassis.  For a gas chassis, it was also OK.  I agree that the older units were built well.

We've had two Monacos built on the Roadmaster chassis and they've both handled beautifully with a good solid ride.  The first one was a 1999 34' Windsor and the second one is a 2004 40' Executive that just passed the 102,000 mile mark.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom