Walmart RV Resort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjrogers

I couldn't believe my eyes today as I drove up to the Local Walmart in South Logan Utah! There we're two trailers parked side by side, generators running tip outs extended, carpet laid out, table chairs with a beach umbrella, a BBQ and to top it off a dog tie out completed their Walmart Resort RV spot! Come on folks please don't ruin this great benefit for all of us. Walmart is for an overnight stop not for you to set up your camping experience. I will put my tip outs far enough out to get to all area of my 5th wheel while at Walmart if I must but that is as about as big of an impact that we should make. Not only does luxury camping bother most Walmart managers the local RV park owner's blood boils. They are the ones that go to City council meetings and get ordinances passed to take the opportunity to park at Walmart away from all of us. Please Keep A Low profile when staying overnight at Walmarts!

Attachments

• 2017-06-10_17:37:36-1.jpg
    2017-06-10_17:37:36-1.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 118
We stay at Walmarts when possible. Normally pull in about midnight and out by about 6am. We Also try to purchase something.

Fjrogers said:
I couldn't believe my eyes today as I drove up to the Local Walmart in South Logan Utah! There we're two trailers parked side by side, generators running tip outs extended, carpet laid out, table chairs with a beach umbrella, a BBQ and to top it off a dog tie out completed their Walmart Resort RV spot! Come on folks please don't ruin this great benefit for all of us. Walmart is for an overnight stop not for you to set up your camping experience. I will put my tip outs far enough out to get to all area of my 5th wheel while at Walmart if I must but that is as about as big of an impact that we should make. Not only does luxury camping bother most Walmart managers the local RV park owner's blood boils. They are the ones that go to City council meetings and get ordinances passed to take the opportunity to park at Walmart away from all of us. Please Keep A Low profile when staying overnight at Walmarts!
Who put you in charge of deciding what is proper procedure when camping in a Walmart parking lot? How do you know luxury camping bothers most Walmart managers? I have spent hundreds of nights in Walmart parking lots and I have seen hundreds of others camping in a Walmart parking lot and never once have I heard anyone complain. Walmart loves the business RV owners bring to the store. Most all of my nights camping in Walmarts have been in a van so I am not guilt of luxury camping but I don't see anyone else is causing any problems. If Walmart has a problem with the way people are camping then Walmart should be the one making the complaint.

Awhile ago i saw the same thing in Louisville Ky. they now have a bar over the entrance to the parking lot keeping anything over 12 feet from entering.

glen54737 said:
Awhile ago i saw the same thing in Louisville Ky. they now have a bar over the entrance to the parking lot keeping anything over 12 feet from entering.

How do their 18 wheelers get in to bring in the goods I wonder? :)

Well if I am going to sleep I need to put out at least one slide, 2 is better and a 3rd if I'm preparing food (I normally do not prepare food in the RV in a parking lot... but then I'm more likely to park at Cracker Barrel than Wal*mart)

But yes. some abuse it.  No carpet, no awning and no dog to tie out.

SeilerBird said:
Who put you in charge of deciding what is proper procedure when camping in a Walmart parking lot? How do you know luxury camping bothers most Walmart managers? I have spent hundreds of nights in Walmart parking lots and I have seen hundreds of others camping in a Walmart parking lot and never once have I heard anyone complain. Walmart loves the business RV owners bring to the store. Most all of my nights camping in Walmarts have been in a van so I am not guilt of luxury camping but I don't see anyone else is causing any problems. If Walmart has a problem with the way people are camping then Walmart should be the one making the complaint.
  :)(

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed or maybe someone pooped in your coffee.

captcosmic said:
How do their 18 wheelers get in to bring in the goods I wonder? :)

18 wheelers use the truck entrance.
BTW nothing prevents RVers from using the truck entrance to accesses the parking lot.

SeilerBird said:
No, it is the OP that did that. Only his second post here and he is telling us how to live our lives.

Might be his last with a reception like yours. He was making an observation. One that I happen to agree with. If you don't agree maybe the correct response would be "I don't really see anything wrong with what they are doing". It plainly states at the top of the page "A friendly place......". Sometimes we should pull our claws in and play nice.

I kinda agree with seilerbird on this one.  Without knowing all the facts, you can't make a judgement call like this.  It is entirely possible they have permission from the management there.  Maybe there is some special event happening.  Maybe they just like all the niceties, even if it is only for a few hours. Maybe they were really abusing a privilege.  Who knows?  Let's just not rush to a judgement without knowing the full story is all.

edjunior said:
I kinda agree with seilerbird on this one.  Without knowing all the facts, you can't make a judgement call like this.  It is entirely possible they have permission from the management there.  Maybe there is some special event happening.  Maybe they just like all the niceties, even if it is only for a few hours. Maybe they were really abusing a privilege.  Who knows?  Let's just not rush to a judgement without knowing the full story is all.

And you just supported my point with a friendly, well thought out post. We shouldn't be attacking one another on this forum. We can certainly disagree, as you did, and continue the conversation. When we attack each other the conversation is often stymied and that does all of us a disservice.

Selierbird I see you enjoy offending as many as you can by the signature at the end of your posts, however, I have thick skin and I feel privledged for your welcome to posting to The RV Forum Community. The photo of this Walmart happens to be in a county that I own an industrial park in. There are two Walmarts within 5 miles of each other. The Walmart in North Logan has stopped overnight parking in their lot because of a local ordinance that was spearheaded by a nearby RV Park owner. They stated that by Walmart allowing "CAMPING" in their parking lot they were breaking local zoning laws. It was easier for Walmart to post no Overnight Parking signs instead of putting up a fight. This was the information given for the change by the area Walmart DM to why they no longer cater to RVers at that location. It would be very inconvenient for myself and other RVers I know if other Wal-Mart's and city councils followed suit and ended the the ability of overnight stays in private parking lots. Many local city and county localities frown on free camping because they loose out on the "Resort Taxes" that are included in many RV park's nightly rates. So by keeping a low profile when boondocking in Private Parking lots we keep from causing a backlash that could effect us all.  However, Seilerbird I would never want to tell you how to live your life or how to camp at Walmart. With almost 10,000 post your expertise is undoubtedly far beyond what I have acquired during our few years of full-timing. Happy Trails!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom