New to camping ..need some expert advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are TC newbies also!!! After 36 years of Lean-to camping, we decided to make life a bit easier on ourselve and went the Truck Camper.  I LOVE IT!! We already had a 1/2 ton ford crew, 4 x 4, pickup.  So we had to find a camper to accommodate those specs. Not easy!! We purchased a model, Liberty . After a few modifications to truck we were good to go! Did I say I LOVE IT!!      In my humble opinion, if you are starting from scratch, purchase the biggest pickup you can afford, then the Truck Camper world opens up to you and you will have your choice of MANY!!  Good Luck and ENJOY TruckCamper camping. :D

My first RV was a truck camper, an 2004 1125 Lance Camper sitting on a 2004 F550 4x4 Pickup truck conversion. I miss that set up it was awesome.

Hi and welcome!!!

I was in your exact position a year ago.  I have an F150 1/2 ton with a 1500 or so pound rating for cargo.  Realistically, you're going to have to nix the embedded bathroom idea.  Trust me, I searched long and hard for an option that had a bathroom in my weight class.  I settled on the Travel Lite 625 SL and am extremely happy!  They changed the design this year.  Last year they had a more traditional look to them. 

https://travellitecampers.com/truck-campers/travel-lite-625-super-lite/

I have the one with an outdoor shower and I bought a popup privacy enclosure that I tie to the side of the truck for outdoor showering.  For the toilet, I took the door off one of the cabinets under the seat and the thetford curve fits nicely underneath.  This year I'm going to give it some wheels so I don't have to slide it out with a towel.  I also bought a spring loaded shower curtain rod and some nice long drapes to make a private area for the toilet.

https://www.amazon.com/Porta-Potti-Portable-camping-healthcare/dp/B006WPQNB2

Overall I feel like this solution is just enough for 2 or maybe even 3 people to be comfortable.  Last year I only traveled with 1 person but this year I plan to bring my Golden Retriever which is going to be like adding another person!

Best of luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom