US380 Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jiim

If I remember correctly that road will be just fine for you.  Hope to see you at Canyon de Chelly.  Hi to Tarry.

Jim:

Where are you now?  Depending on the weather patterns, I may take 380 out of Denton, TX west into N.M.  Will be stopping up north of there to see Bob & Bev Maxwell and re-fuel in Albuquerque.

Ron,

We are in Anson, TX.  Was going to leave this morning but 45+ wind forecast changed that plan.  Hope to leave in the morning and spend the night in Roswell.

Tried to call you this morning at 7:25 am but you must have changed your cell number.  Call me at 214-676-4046.  We might be able to cannect tonight, if I can cover enough miles.  Like I said, we are going to stop in Belen for a visit.  Plan to drive all the way to IH25 and then north.  Tuesday we are heading out IH40 and taking off at 53 to drop down and have lunch with Zuni Jane.  From there we will head up to Gallup and north to Monticello and a day of golf for Thursday.  Drive into Moab on Friday.

Ron, Sounds like you'll be driving up 491 through Cortez. Wave at us as you drive through. We'll be driving up 491 to Moab on Friday.

Wendy

Wendy

Guess you and Mike decided not to drive down to Canyon de Chelly.  We would like you to join us there if possible, as Ned said we will be there on Tuesday along with a few others.

We had planned run down to Canyon de Chelly but we have to be at the DAV in Durango on Tuesday then Mike has an orthopedic appointment here on Thursday so that ruined the Canyon de Chelly plans. At least it's not work-related !! And we'll be in Moab on Friday.

Report on US380:

From Hondo to Carrizozo the road is really rough.  Combined with the twisties there it made for a slow drive, 45mph most times.  From Carrizozo it was a good road and a good drive. 

Jim:

Since I'm still not sure how the coach is going to perform on the grades, we decided to go up 285 to Klines Korners and then into Albuquerque.  If I don't find the problem in the morning, we'll nurse it in and go to Stewart & Stevenson to have it checked and eliminate all the fault codes.  I'm going to check all the connections of the DDEC electronic control unit for the engine.  I have one fault code saying there is a failure at the ECM.  Unfortunately, I can't find the ECM but I'll try the DDEC.  I'll call Blue Bird in the morning and see where the ECM is.

By the way, we are staying at the Bottomless Lake State Park at Roswell.  Pretty nice little campground.  Water and electric is $14.00.

Ron from Big D said:
we are staying at the Bottomless Lake State Park at Roswell.   Pretty nice little campground.  Water and electric is $14.00.

New Mexico has some great state parks at reasonable prices. And if you plan on staying at them a lot during the year, you can buy a 12-month camping permit for free camping (you pay $4/night for the electric). Cost is $225 non-resident, $180 NM resident, $100 senior (62+) NM resident, $100 disabled NM resident. Pretty good deal if you're going to spend a lot of time in NM parks.

Back
Top Bottom