Permaplate for TT.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ant21b

I would like some feedback on permaplate for the interior and exterior of my new travel trailer. This is offered by the dealer how well does this work?

ant21b said:
I would like some feedback on permaplate for the interior and exterior of my new travel trailer. This is offered by the dealer how well does this work?

What is permaplate?

Its a coating that protects the surfaces inside upholstery and other surfaces and protects the finish and paint outside.

Search "Scotchguard" at the top of this site and you'll get quite a bit of opinions. My opinion is that the camper you buy (unless you plan on never selling it) will never return the investment you make from that purchase. If you also search "covering my camper" it will bring many opinions on covering one or not, the bottom line I took from that post is that these campers are designed to be outside and handle the elements on their own. Just my two cents.

Never heard of Permaplate and their website is all about helping the dealer make money rather than value to the consumer.  Given the nature and pricing of similar offerings, I can pretty much guarantee that it is far too expensive for the value received. The dealer charges a high price for what is actually pretty much routine protective coatings. You didn't mention a cost, but I've seen prices in excess of $1000 for this sort of thing.

Basically they wax the trailer with a good quality vehicle polish and spray something like Scotch Guard in the interior and promise it will last something like 5 years. That's a pretty safe bet, since it would surely last that long if you did nothing at all.

They use fancy terms like "surface protectant" and "bonding" for the exterior coating, but any modern synthetic vehicle polish can claim the same thing. In my opinion you could buy a quart of a top quality polish from Protect-All, Maguiar's, Turtle Wax, etc and get the same results.  Ditto with a couple spray cans of Scotch Guard on the interior and maybe a leather & vinyl product if you have some vinyl-covered furnishings.  If you don't want  to do it yourself, a detailing service will do it for a moderate cost, maybe $200 or so for a typical travel trailer.

http://permaplate.com/recreational-vehicle-products/

Back
Top Bottom