Honda CRV Base Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malexander

I have the Blue-Ox base plate for towing a 2005 Honda CRV. When I traded the CRV in, I had the dealer remove the base plate. I looked in my RV parts catalog, it gives a part number for the base plate for the "Honda CRV", it doesn't specify any year model.

My question is, will this base plate work on my 2014 CRV? I looked in the owners manual of the car, and it does give specific instructions for towing 4-down behind the motorhome.

yolo said:
2005 CRV Blue Ox 2238 Base Plate
2014 CRV Blue Ox 2258 Base Plate

Yeah, I did some "research" on the Blue-Ox web site. Found out what I probably had figured.

Know anyone that wants to buy a 2238 Base Plate?...........cheap.lol

Put in on Craigslist, you might be surprised. I've bought a half a dozen or so Roadmaster/Blue ox base plates over the years off Craigslist.  Modified them to fit different vehicles.

jubileee said:
Put in on Craigslist, you might be surprised. I've bought a half a dozen or so Roadmaster/Blue ox base plates over the years off Craigslist.  Modified them to fit different vehicles.

That's my plan. I've bought & sold a LOT of stuff on CL.

malexander said:
I have the Blue-Ox base plate for towing a 2005 Honda CRV. When I traded the CRV in, I had the dealer remove the base plate. I looked in my RV parts catalog, it gives a part number for the base plate for the "Honda CRV", it doesn't specify any year model.

My question is, will this base plate work on my 2014 CRV? I looked in the owners manual of the car, and it does give specific instructions for towing 4-down behind the motorhome.

I have a question. Did you keep the OEM bumper support when you had the base plate installed?
And did the dealer reinstall the bumper support when the base plate was removed?

Richard

rls7201 said:
I have a question. Did you keep the OEM bumper support when you had the base plate installed?
And did the dealer reinstall the bumper support when the base plate was removed?

Richard

That's been so long ago, I really don't remember.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom