FMCA Verizon Hotspot - Unlimited Data - $50/month - No Contract

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Don

Just heard about this....

It's for FMCA  members only but looks like a great deal...only $60 to join FMCA.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/fmca-rolls-out-unlimited-verizon-hotspot-plan/

Don

"You may see a decrease in internet speeds upon 25GB of data usage and in high-congested areas."

And they have the guts to call this "unlimited".

The reduction is simply network management, the same as all of Verizon's other plans that don't have a stated throttling limit. The reduction only lasts for the period of the heavy congestion, the same as AT&T's "deprioritizing" under certain conditions. The FMCA deal is a good one for those that need VZW's more extensive coverage, although the price is only guaranteed for year. It still may be worth joining FMCA though.

SeilerBird said:
"You may see a decrease in internet speeds upon 25GB of data usage and in high-congested areas."

And they have the guts to call this "unlimited".

It depends how you explain unlimited data. They do not limit your data but your speed. I know it's kind of lame too but the wording is right, unlimited data NOT unlimited speed.

This a great deal, even better then Verizon's own unlimited DATA plan, I signed up for the FMCA plan.

Verizon unlimited data plan for 3 lines (2 smart phones and a MiFi) would cost us $160 and I would be throttled at 10GB.

This plan cost $49.99, our current Verizon phone bill is $80 with 4GB of data. Now for $129.99 (current plan + FMCA pla) we have 25 GB before throttle! A saving of $30 a month and 2,5 times more data. I think we save even more as there are no fees with the FMCA plan.

Thanks for the heads up Uncle Don  :)) :)) :))

NY_Dutch said:
I don't know of any carrier that offers "unlimited speed", including yours, and every one that even lists a speed always prefaces it with "up to"...
True, but I have never signed up for unlimited data. My home plan has the speed up to 10 mbps promise and it is never slowed down. My cell phone contract is 2 gigs a month and then it is slowed down. I would not sign up for unlimited data because there is no such thing.

NY_Dutch said:
I agree, Klaas, it looks like a good deal. I'd even be tempted if our $20/month AT&T unlimited data plan wasn't serving our needs so well. ;)

Yes that stings... but when we would quit Verizon now it will cost more to switch to AT&T. I have both our phones pay off into the plan and I like the Verizon coverage too.

What ever works best for your situation of course. So far, in the 5 months we've been using our AT&T 4G/LTE plans, we've yet to find any place it hasn't worked. Just in case though, we do have a couple of grey market $5/month unlimited data 3G only VZW Jetpacks that will get the job done, albeit not all that fast.

In  addition to the phone service benefit, membership in FMCA offers  many other advantages.  Visit  FMCA  website for information  In July of this  year  the membership requirements to FMCA my be expanded to  include all type s of RV's not exclusively  class A's  as has been past membership criteria.

I enjoy the peace of  mind knowing that if hubby can't drive rig due to medical issue, I  can get  a driver to take  rig home.  FMCAssist.

I have been a T-Mobile customer since.. Well since before it was T-Mobile (Before it was Voicestreams in fact)

THey have made SERIOUS imrovememnts to their network,,, Of the six campgrounds I spend the most time in when last visited only 2 had decent coverage and high speed datat

nw all of them do.. In fact I went from barley ableto make a phone call to 4Glte where I am typing this.

But still Verizon .. If that's a "Buy by the month" plan.. I'll consier it cause the still have the best coverage.

Hard to believe that there's no contract AND they are giving us a $200 MiFi FREE.  :) :) :)

But it is true.....mine will be delivered next Wednesday.

And, billing is done by FMCA, not Verizon.

D

John Canfield said:
I'm in, waiting on the phone call :)

I did too (yesterday) but decided to call them today and got signed up over the phone. I'm in the July 21st shipment batch. They stopped taking sign ups via their website and I doubt you will get a call back.

This is strickly limited to data and will NOT work on smartphones. So, forget about using your phone as a hotspot folks.

DWJoyce said:
This is strickly limited to data and will NOT work on smartphones. So, forget about using your phone as a hotspot folks.
Yes, it's for data. I don't understand the relationship between the VZ hotspot and using your phone as a hotspot. Could you elaborate?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom