Levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

accordionman

I'm looking at different types of levelers for my, not yet delivered, TT

Seems that "Anderson" levelers appear to be very easy to use and stow away.

Anyone using these or others that they think are better ?

Ed

I use Anderson Levelers and they work great.  You can go for 0 inches to 4 inches.  If the campsite is muddy, you may consider carrying some boards because they will sink.  If you have tandem axles, make sure you buy 2 sets so you don't place too much weigh on one axle.  The only thing you need to make sure is that one leveler will fit in between the axles.

I have them and like them.  However, they are narrow and you need to be careful that they are placed well or you can damage the tires.  I wonder why they don't make them an inch wider.  On soft gravel, they are not very good. Our experience over a year.

We've used the Anderson levelers for awhile and they do a good job.  However, just while ago I stored ours in the deep recesses of our 5th wheel bay.  The reason?  We are the proud owners of a newly installed Bigfoot Leveling system!  It's pushbutton leveling for us and we couldn't be happier.

After 30 years of using the orange or yellow lego block system, we went to Anderson two years ago. What was I waiting for? Much easier to use since there is no guessing about how many blocks to use. We still keep a few of the lego blocks around for using on soft ground under the Andersons and the stabilizer jacks, but rarely pull them out.

Kevin, I bought the Anderson levelers but have not used them yet and have concerns about just driving off them as I watched the video where they go flying off hitting the trailer, am I over thinking this or what do you do? Thanks in advance. 

John

I've tried driving off of them and I wouldn't do it again.  Anderson levelers has a video where they do that with great ease, but it didn't work for me.  The levelers go flying and your wheels come down hard.  you will need a spotter.  If you've backed into them, you will need to back up tiny bit to remove the chock and then drive forward.  Not all that difficult to do.

keith c said:
I've tried driving off of them and I wouldn't do it again.  Anderson levelers has a video where they do that with great ease, but it didn't work for me.  The levelers go flying and your wheels come down hard.  you will need a spotter.  If you've backed into them, you will need to back up tiny bit to remove the chock and then drive forward.  Not all that difficult to do.
Thanks, that will help.

I have the Anderson Levelers and a lot of friends do also.......so easy to use and have never seen them fly off. Just ease off of them when leaving like you should be doing.

The way Keith said is the best way to work with them.  It is the way I used to do it.

Some info about using Anderson levelers: obviously you are still hooked up to your tow vehicle while you roll forward, or backward onto the leveler. Once you are where you want to be regarding the side to side leveling, make sure you chock the wheels BEFORE you unhook from your vehicle, otherwise the trailer will ride off the leveler or at least shift enough to undo the leveling that you just achieved. FWIW, my TT is a single axle smaller trailer so it is really easy to get it level using the Anderson product. Much simpler than trial and error with plastic blocks.

I just bought the Anderson leverers about 2 weeks ago and took them on a one week maiden voyage.  My axles are close together and getting the Anderson leveler between the tires is kinda tricky.  I had to shove it in at an angle, pull the truck forward about 4" and then kick the Anderson leverer into position.  Other than that, they worked great.  When ready to leave, I pulled forward a little and pulled out the leverer chocks and then drove off of the larger ramps slowly.  No problems.  They are a big improvement over the homemade 2x6 lumber I was using. 

I think I'll cut about 2" off of one of the levelers so it will fit between the tires without the wedging and kicking into position step.  They are kind of expensive for what they are but they are much easier and faster to use than stacking blocks or in my case, lumber.  I'd recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom