Windshield Wiper Motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye4692002

Good day all!  The next in my series of questions is below.  Thank you all in advance for your input!

When I turn on my windshield wipers: at intermittent the move about 12" and stop, at medium they fight to go across the entire windshield, and on high they work as expected.  However, when turned off from any speed they stop wherever they are, rather than returning to the bottom of the windshield.
I'm wondering if this could be due to an under-powered wiper motor?  And, as such, if replacing the motor would solve the problem.  If Damon used a Ford wiper motor it's unlikely to be designed to move the large blades.  But, that wouldn't explain why they won't return to the bottom.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

While it's only an inconvenience, flipping on and off the wipers for light rain and trying to time the stop to keep them on the bottom is becoming annoying.

Thank you!
J

Inside the motor is what's called a "park switch". When you turn the wipers off, the park switch keeps the motor running until the wipers are in the park position. Same with the intermittent function.
It may be possible to find and repair the switch/contacts.
Also, the positive is on at all times on wiper motors and the negative is switched.

Richard

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom