Ford ESP deductible which one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

Hi
I've decided to get the Ford ESP warranty on my truck - just not sure which deductible to get.
50.00 deductible is 195 more than the 100
0.00 deductible is 595 more than the 100

going to get the 8 year 125000 mile one

any thoughts?

thanks- Steve

Simple math says you need to use the warranty 4 times  to save money with the $50 deductible.  You need 6 uses to save money on the NO deductible policy.  How many EXTENDED ESP warranty use do you anticipate?

I would choose the $100 deductible, on the assumption that I will probably have few, if any, claims. I consider these policies to be insurance against major problems, not something to pay for routine repairs.

if I thought I was going to be making enough claims that a low or zero deductible was of value, I would buy a different truck.

I agree with gary I had a 2011 the first year of the model and used  the ESP  3 times before it ran out covered the repairs and it's cost.

thanks for the info- think I will go with the 50.00- hopefully I will never use it. I like the idea of the peace of mind. I know nothing about working on vehicles. maybe replace a bulb or wipers and very minor items.

The key is whether the ESP actually covers the items you need to have repaired. Normal wear & tear repairs (brake pads, wiper blades, battery, etc) and routine maintenance (oil changes) generally are not covered, so you pay for them anyway. Unexpected repairs like alternator failures or engine problems will be covered, so with a $50 deductible vs $100 you save $50 each time. If you save $50 3x times and paid $150 more for the policy, you broke even. If you paid $200 more for the policy, you lost.

Back
Top Bottom