Newbie with questions on a used Rexhall Rexair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentortwins

Hello everyone, my DW and I have been camping in everything from tents to fifth wheels. We have decided we would like to try a motorhome for our next rig.  I came across an add for a Rexhall Rexair that I would like to share with everyone and get an opinion. From what I have read on rvforum.net it sounds like a decent choice but I have learned to value the opinions of the more experienced individuals. If this is the wrong place to post this I apologize in advance.  I also tried to value it on the NADA and the asking price seems to be in the ballpark.

2000 Rexhall Rexair 36 1/2 foot Diesel Motorhome - Excellent condition. Mileage: 20,600 actual miles. $33,500.

Model: M-SL3655HL Diesel, Class A Motorhome, Queen Bed floor plan, self contained with one slide.

1999 Highlander Chasis: Cummins ISC8.3, fully electronic, turbocharged, aftercooler 8.3L diesel, 300hp,950 lb - ft.
Transmission: Allison MD3060 electronic six speed with two overdrives. 228 inch wheel base, independent front suspension - 10,400lb. Rear Axle: Eaton 19060 without runner seal, 17,000 lb, 4:63. Brakes: Full air brakes w/auto slacks, 15" x4" front, & 16.5" x7" rear, push/pull lever controlled, Jacobs exhaust brake, WABCO-ABS system. Cooling system low profile 910 sq in frontal area w/ air to air charge cooler. Two hydrostatic coolers & one oil to air cooler for transmission. Electrical System: EuroTech 2000 modular electrical system, 160amp Leece-Neville alternator, two 1000 cca batteries. Frame: Raised rail designed for frame strength and basement storage. Fuel Tank: 100 gal, dual fill, side mounted sending unit. Steering System: Pump Vickers-gear driven, max steering cramp angle 45 degree. Suspension: Reyco 240AR Air Suspension, Bilstien front rear. Tires: Michelin 255-80R, 22.5 XRV, Front & Rear out-side aluminum wheels 22.5" (rear inner steel).

Air conditioning and Heating, 3-way refrigerator, ice maker, microwave oven, Splendide 2000 Washer/Dryer (vented), Waster Water Holding Tank, Water Heater 10 gallon gas/electric. Air assisted suspension, air/hydraulic brakes, 2 TV's, am/fm cassette stereo, cd player, Generator 6-8 KW Diesel, Jacks and leveling systems, Awning, Awning for slide out, Power Slide-out room 14', Rear vision camera/monitor

I appreciate any and all input, thanks.

Marty  8)

Sounds like you have been through it to at least see what is there.  Have you verified everything WORKS?  See the Library for a Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) checklist.

Is this a dealer or private sale?  What service records are available?

Are you absolutely in LOVE with the floor plan?

Actually we have only seen it on craigslist yesterday afternoon. There were a lot of pictures, the unit looks very well cared for.  But, we need to look at it to decide further and I would seriously consider paying a qualified inspector to go through the unit before we decided to make an offer. I will go to the library to get the PDI checklist and take it with us when we look at it.

Thank you,
Marty

You've posted the identical question in another topic (an unnecessary duplication, I might add).

See http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,105979.msg954426.html#msg954426 for other answers to this query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom