1999 Monaco Windsor slide problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

igo1320

Hello.
I am new to the site and I was hoping that someone could advise me on a problem I am having
We have a 1999 Monaco Windsor motorhome with a single slide.
The problem we have is that, I put the slide there was a fluid leak coming from the slide rails. I am guessing either a hose broke or both cylinders are leaking.
I am not sure how to access the cylinders, I have looked everywhere and keep hitting dead ends.
I really do not want to bring it to a shop unless I absolutely have to.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

igo1320 said:
Hello.
I am new to the site and I was hoping that someone could advise me on a problem I am having
We have a 1999 Monaco Windsor motorhome with a single slide.
The problem we have is that, I put the slide there was a fluid leak coming from the slide rails. I am guessing either a hose broke or both cylinders are leaking.
I am not sure how to access the cylinders, I have looked everywhere and keep hitting dead ends.
I really do not want to bring it to a shop unless I absolutely have to.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

I am assuming you have an HWH dual ram hydraulic slide. Our '97 has a similar setup I believe.

Ours starting leaking red fluid and I tracked it down to a leaking (lots) fitting that was on one end of the ram where the braided high pressure hose attaches to the ram cylinder.

HWH had supplier issues in the late 90's to early 00's and at one time they would supply new hoses with better fittings for free. That was years ago though.
The info (tech bulletin or recall) can be found on-line or at least it was there last spring.

I ended up taking one ram out of the coach and replaced all of the lines and fittings with #4 AeroQuip braided hose and new metal/brass? fittings.
It was a fairly extensive job, to me, but it works well. I still need to do the other ram but it is not leaking so far.

Hope this helps and good luck.

I have a 1999 Country Coach that had the same problem...The fix was to have the seals on the rams rebuilt, On my coach they are removed from the passenger side.

It's hard to say that  you have the same problem as the OP. My '97 was leaking out of the boxed rails the rams ride in but when I tore into it, the rams were fine and the fittings that I already talked about were shot. That was the reason for the recall or whatever HWH had back then. They replaced lots of hoses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom