Bedroom window privacy 2008 Sightseer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al Todalen

I'm wondering how owners of this unit have dealt with the lack of privacy at night due to the placement of the bedroom window just inches above the head of the bed.

When laying down, the top of our heads are about even with the bottom of the window. Day/night shades do the job but it would be nice to have them open for fresh air on nice summer evenings. There is a window awning installed but it doesn't extend to the bottom of the window which creates a privacy issue when reading in bed.

I was considering purchasing some awning material to snap to the awning rails that would extend well below the window.

Anyone else dealt with this and have a better suggestion?

Thanks,
Al

Attachments

• rv awning.jpg
    rv awning.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 49
  • window.jpg
    window.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 38
John Canfield said:
Crickets.

I wonder if there isn't some sort of film you can apply to the glass?

John, film may help with the glass during the day but I'm not sure it would be of much help after dark. I would think that it would be of little help when having the interior light at on night unless it was really opaque, which would be fine, but the main problem is when we want the window open at night to get that nice summer breeze through the screen. I can't think of anything that could be put on the screen to help. If it weren't for wanting the screen open we would use the day/night shades. With the shades closed there is very little outside air that makes it past. Just a rather poor place to put a window in my opinion but when boon-docking, the ventilation is great.
Al

Replace the shades with old fashioned venetian blinds. Slightly angled down on the inside and nobody is going to see in.

Back
Top Bottom