Hot water help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgretzler

I just picked up our new 2017 Open Range LT321BHTS and headed straight to the campground. My wife attempted to give our son a shower and extremely hot water came from both hot and cold faucet. Now cold comes from both. If I leave the sink on hot in bathroom and flush toilet I get hot to come out of sink. Any ideas?

The first thing I would check would be the winterization valves on the water heater. Being that it is a brand new RV there is the possibility that something wasn't plumbed right at the factory. I would call the dealer first thing in the morning. If you're not too far from the dealership, they may send someone out to fix it.

I would suggest you also check the controls on your outside shower if equipped. If both H an C are open, it can act as a mixing valve giving strange results. These are often left open after winterization/dewinterization.

This sounds like crossover between the hot and cold lines. It could well be an open winterizing (bypass) valve at the water heater, or any faucet that can mix hot & cold to the same tap. If the shower (inside or out) has both hot & cold open and the water turned off only at the shower head, that can cause symptoms like yours. Or as Don says, maybe somebody at the factory just screwed up. It happens all too often in new Rvs.

Back
Top Bottom