AT&T Mobley is available again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
AT&T is accepting orders for the Mobley again.  I just checked their website and they're promising delivery between June 19 and 21.

The terms are the same as before:  $20 a month for unlimited 4G service, subject to de-prioritization after 22 GB (possible slowdown during periods of network congestion).  You have a choice to either purchase the Mobley up front for $99 with month-to-month service or paying a $45 activation charge for a 2 year contract with the Mobley included.

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

No doubt this batch will also quickly sell out.

I just ordered one. For $20 a month it's a deal for me.

I wanted to buy one of these back in April but I went on a 6 week European trip and waited.  When I came home they were all gone as well as the 79.99 ones at Best Buy.

I have been checking every day and this morning they were back in stock.  Ordered one and the status says that it will ship 6/19 to 6/21.

I ordered parts to build a usb power cord a couple of weeks ago and the parts should arrive from Hong Kong before I get the ZTE Mobley.

Hopefully by next week I'll be up and running.

SkateBoard said:
Did you have to call to enable it?
Just plugged it in and it started working.  Newer firmware, option to not time out already there.

They sent info telling how to call to start service but that was not necessary.

yolo said:
Just plugged it in and it started working.  Newer firmware, option to not time out already there.

Oh, OK. I'll try today once my power supply comes in

yolo said:

Check your account online and make sure the Mobley is activated with the $20 unlimited plan. There have been some reports of them shipping with a more expensive low GB plan. Worth a check to make sure, and it only takes a phone call to correct it.

NY_Dutch said:
Check your account online and make sure the Mobley is activated with the $20 unlimited plan. There have been some reports of them shipping with a more expensive low GB plan. Worth a check to make sure, and it only takes a phone call to correct it.
Checking online tells me that the bill is 0.00 at this time and it is for unlimited usage.  Can't tell until they put a bill on the account.  I do know that when I signed up and paid my $99.99 plus tax the web site said that I was buying the $20 unlimited connected car plan.

Thanks NY_Dutch for the links to build a usb power supply for about 5.00 using Hong Kong eBay parts.  I have received the connector so far and and am waiting for the usb 5v to 12v adapter.

So far works by plugging into my OBD2 port on the car or RV.  The signal on the WiFi is strong enough to reach inside my house.

I'm guessing you already have AT&T phone. I don't. I've been on the phone and online for 3 hours already and still not enabled

SkateBoard said:
I'm guessing you already have AT&T phone. I don't. I've been on the phone and online for 3 hours already and still not enabled
No AT&T phone.  The device when shipped had a telephone number assigned and it was preconfigured to work out of the box.  Never talked to a human when ordering.  Did have to go to chat to get my online account set up.  I did work for AT&T for 30 years about 22 years ago but they didn't know that.

yolo said:
Checking online tells me that the bill is 0.00 at this time and it is for unlimited usage.  Can't tell until they put a bill on the account.  I do know that when I signed up and paid my $99.99 plus tax the web site said that I was buying the $20 unlimited connected car plan.

Thanks NY_Dutch for the links to build a usb power supply for about 5.00 using Hong Kong eBay parts.  I have received the connector so far and and am waiting for the usb 5v to 12v adapter.

So far works by plugging into my OBD2 port on the car or RV.  The signal on the WiFi is strong enough to reach inside my house.

Sounds good to me, Bill! I'm glad it's working out so well for you.

After spending an hour on the phone and hours on chat my device does not work. I finally got an online account and big surprise. My contract is for 450 minutes of talk time for $49.95 a month. Happy days!

SkateBoard said:
After spending an hour on the phone and hours on chat my device does not work. I finally got an online account and big surprise. My contract is for 450 minutes of talk time for $49.95 a month. Happy days!
Looks like they signed you up as a wireless phone account and not the connected car account.  Probably more phone time for you.  Sorry to hear that your order went into the ditch.

I'm really interested in getting a Mobley for 20/month, but following the link above, I chose the options, but the tabs at the bottom aren't clickable, the deal must be off now  :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom