rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: AT&T Mobley is available again  (Read 6381 times)

timjet

• ---
Re: AT&T Mobley is available again
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2017, 04:33:11 AM »
Good morning Tom, as others have mentioned the Mobley can be tether to a router via it's USB port. The cover on the Mobley's USB port makes it almost invisible. I'm no techie but as I've learned here and on other forums it seems that a router wired to a modem like the Mobley provides faster downloads and uploads than a wireless connection.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a router that will connect to a modem via a wireless connection is called a WiFi as WAN. It seems the big names in the business charge a bundle for these because they are not common ways of connecting a router to a modem so it's a nitch market. For me I got a Mobley because the plan is cheap and I don't want to spend a bundle to allow the Mobley to connect to more than 5 devices. There are cheap WiFi as WAN routers on Amazon and Isaac-1 posted one and went to great lengths getting it to connect tethered to the Mobley. He even posted the step by step instruction on another forum.

But it's been my experience with cheap Chinese electronics that they don't last or require constant fiddling to keep working. Sometimes the instructions if any with these things leave more than a lot to be desired. And their grammar can be comical. I haven't decided which router I'm going to get and it sounds like the nano has served you well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:35:47 AM by timjet »
Tim
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition DP 40', 1.5 bath
'14 Honda CRV

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • We go where our wheels take us!
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2017, 07:31:33 AM »
I am doing USB Tethering on my Mobley using the cheaper GL iNet MT300N-V2 $20 on amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TSK26W

Isaac, could you post the steps you took to tether your Mobley to your GL here? Or a link to the forum where you've already posted them? Thanks!
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

Bob T

• ---
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2017, 07:46:55 PM »
The travel router arrived today. TP-Link TL-WR802N.
 Connected to my iphone personal hotspot to check out.
Works well and easy to set up.
Speeds as follows:
Direct tether to phone download 6.56 Mbps , upload 5.05 Mbps
Connected to tp link download 6.39 Mbps, upload 3.16 Mbps

Nothing wrong with those numbers.
Also tested again connected to phone and the wired ethernet connection, both worked well at same time.
Had to do all through phone because in Canada the Mobley will not connect. I
Just getting ready for travel in spring.
Tom, thanks for sharing router info.
Bob
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:50:31 PM by Bob T »
2008 Winnebago Vectra 40 TD
Any day you wake up on the right side of the grass is a Beautiful Day!

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
Tom, thanks for sharing router info.

You're welcome Bob. As I said, credit is due to Jeff. Thanks for sharing the results. I wonder if someone has comparative results with a router hooked to Mobley via USB  :-[
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.