AT&T Mobley is available again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a thought Marty ... since you plan to use the Mobley SIM card in another device, would they sell you just the data plan and maybe throw in the SIM card free? That way, you may not need to wait or pay for the Mobley hardware  ???

Tom said:
Just a thought Marty ... since you plan to use the Mobley SIM card in another device, would they sell you just the data plan and maybe throw in the SIM card free? That way, you may not need to wait or pay for the Mobley hardware  ???

People have tried that but they do not sell the sim card without the Mobley. What we are doing is not the intent of the "connected car" plan!

SargeW said:
I checked this morning and they are sold out.

I know of people who went to a store and they ordered and shipped it to them.

Yep, what Klaas said. I hit them up about a month ago to see if they had another plan where I could just get the sim and the plan. Nope, nothing like it.  I am sure that they are figuring that if it is used in the car, it would keep down the usage since most people don't spend hours everyday in the car. 

I've been using the SIM from my Mobley in a Netgear Unite hotspot for over three months now, with no complaints from AT&T so far. I read yesterday that the $20 Connected Car plan has been discontinued now, but that wasn't from an official source. I've also read, also from an unofficial source, that AT&T is considering offering the Mobley again due to the popularity of it, but they didn't say what data plan would be available for it or when it might reappear.

NY_Dutch said:
I read yesterday that the $20 Connected Car plan has been discontinued now, I've also read, also from an unofficial source, that AT&T is considering offering the Mobley again due to the popularity of it, but they didn't say what data plan would be available for it or when it might reappear.

《sigh》 As usual, they've got it backwards.  The Mobley is no great shakes, what made it so popular was the $20 per month unlimited plan that went along with it.

Lou Schneider said:
《sigh》 As usual, they've got it backwards.  The Mobley is no great shakes, what made it so popular was the $20 per month unlimited plan that went along with it.

I agree, Lou, but I'll reserve judgement until I see what, if any, plans they come out with. Remember, none of this is official yet...

I went online today and the Mobley is back in stock.

HOWEVER when checking out they require you chose a plan and the $20 unlimited connected car plan is no where to be found.
Even after Chatting with an agent they said it was not on the website.  She recommended that I call some local stores.

One store had a mobley in stock but didn't have the plan without and unlimited cell plan from AT&T already.
The 6 other stores I called didn't have a mobley in stock and most didn't even know what it was.

So it seems we are out of luck and will have to wait to see if they bring that plan back - but for now it looks like it's dead.  :( :( :(

RedandSilver said:

HOWEVER when checking out they require you chose a plan and the $20 unlimited connected car plan is no where to be found.
Even after Chatting with an agent they said it was not on the website.  She recommended that I call some local stores.

One store had a mobley in stock but didn't have the plan without and unlimited cell plan from AT&T already.
The 6 other stores I called didn't have a mobley in stock and most didn't even know what it was.

So it seems we are out of luck and will have to wait to see if they bring that plan back - but for now it looks like it's dead.  :( :( :(

I just checked again. I found the same thing as you did. 

Does anyone use a different device that does the same thing as the Mobely? BUT, doesn't cost your first born child to use it! We have Verizon as our mobile provider. It appears it would cost over 100 bucks a mnth to have the gigs to watch a movie now & then...

RedandSilver said:

That's the way it looks to me. The Mobley is back, but not the Connected Car unlimited plan. I'm going to ask AT&T if I can add a second Mobley to my existing plan, but I should probably move the SIM back into my existing Mobley first. ;)

Well I'll have to see if they grandfather the connected car plan.  I am planning to move to a condo in a few months and plan to use the Mobley as my internet service.  In traveling this summer I used 43 gB of data a month all for 22.01 per month.  I never thought that I would be watching Netflix and Amazon using cell service, but with the Mobley and the Connected Car plan all is imaginable.

I hope that the Connected Car plan will continue for those who didn't already have the plan.

Well, it seems I can't add a second Mobley to my existing Connected Car plan. I'd have to switch to one of the more expensive shared plans to do that, which of course I don't want to do. I expect AT&T will grandfather our existing unlimited plans in, since that's their usual pattern when plans are dropped and new ones added. If nothing else, there's a lot of folks on the plan with 2-year contracts that need to be considered, although that's not a price guarantee.

Before you give up make sure to call ATT and ask for the Connected Car Group. They are the only people I talked to last spring that had any knowledge about the Moberly data plan for $20.00. At least two different stores including the manager of one informed me that there was no such plan.

Jeff said:
Before you give up make sure to call ATT and ask for the Connected Car Group. They are the only people I talked to last spring that had any knowledge about the Moberly data plan for $20.00. At least two different stores including the manager of one informed me that there was no such plan.

That's who I spoke too. The fellow knew well what the $20 unlimited plan was, and tried several ways of making it happen, including a supervisor's override, but the system would not accept it.

I agree, Jeff... I think they finally realized the plan was being used well beyond the limited in car scope they had originally envisioned. They did say from the beginning though, that the offer was time limited.

Sun2Retire said:
I can feel the clock ticking on our 4G data access  :(
Are you thinking that AT&T will cancel this plan for everyone that currently has it?

Back
Top Bottom