Furrion tv and built in entertainment systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LBFraser

We have this system in our Jayco and some dvd's will not play or they do for a bit then freeze. It's very frustrating and the tv is fixed inside the wall so is impossible to get at connections. Is it possible to buy a blue ray machine and hook it to this type of tv? Would the dealer have to install it?

You try Crutchfield. You probably won't get much if any support from Furrion.

Dont get me started on this Furrion junk.  I tried to get the dealer to order me a unit without.  For the $$$ i could have bought some really nice AV equipment.  Save up the cash and have it replaced.

The tv is probably removable so you can get at the connections on back or side and determine what auxiliary inputs it may have. It just takes some hunting around to figure where the mounts are, what trim to remove, etc.  You can also find manuals and spec sheets on the Furion site that should describe the inputs on your model of tv.

https://www.furrion.com/support/manuals-downloads.html

Bluray players almost universally use HDMI  cables, so an HDMI jack is what you need on the tv.

kdbgoat said:
You try Crutchfield. You probably won't get much if any support from Furrion.

Well, I guess I need to eat my words on this one. When I posted this, I had tried contacting Furrion with the same problem on my inside unit, and a problem about my outside unit. I hadn't received a reply for about a week, so that prompted me to post what I did. I received a phone call later, asking if I had received their email since I hadn't replied back. I said I hadn't received any emails from them, so she emailed again. After providing the information they requested, they are sending out two new replacement units at no charge. Can't beat service like that.

Forgot to add this update:
I received two new DVD players a few days after they said they would send them. I installed them in a short time, and both work as they should. I had to rework the mount for the outside unit, as the one they sent was an upgrade from what I had. The old unit fit in a metal boxed frame and was secured by bending tabs out on the housing of the unit to lock it in place. The new one is held in with machine screws. I just used my Greenlee drill and tap set to put 4 #6 threaded holes in the flange of the frame, and put #6x3/8" machine screws in it. They provided a return label for UPS, so returning the old players was painless.

Here's what I used to drill and tap the holes, except my set is about 10 years old, and didn't come with the quick change adapter.

http://www.greenlee.com/products/DRILL%2540FTAP-KIT.html?product_id=17143

kdbgoat, I assume now you have a different opinion of them. I am surprised by any company that does what they did for you.
Give me hope as I have the same brand in mine.

RVRAC said:
kdbgoat, I assume now you have a different opinion of them.

Yep, like I said, I had to eat my words, but I don't mind when I get proved wrong and receive great service. I also got great service from Atwood and Coachmen when dealing with an issue with my furnace.

Update- When I returned the old units to Furrion, I still had a DVD in the outside unit. I asked if they could possibly return it to me. I was told to include a case and a note. They said if they could get it out without tearing it up, they could send it back, but I would probably have to pay the postage. I received it this week in the mail. Perfect condition, and I didn't have to pay postage.

Back
Top Bottom