Ever rent a 4 wheeler side by side at Custer State Park SOUTH DAKOTA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

Just wondering what the rules will be and if it is worth a full day rental?  Is there an elaborate trail system?

Never felt the need. Could see pretty much everything in the park we wanted to see using our own vehicle. Took some forest service roads in our truck outside the park with no problem./

BruceinFL said:
Never felt the need. Could see pretty much everything in the park we wanted to see using our own vehicle. Took some forest service roads in our truck outside the park with no problem./

Ahhh..  you don't have a 5 and 10 year old who think it is the coolest idea ever!

Hi, we live in SD and visit out in the hills alot.  We also own our own side by side and I highly recommend it!  I had never toured that area until last year and it was so much fun!  Be sure not to miss the needles hiway it is amazing!  There are many ATV rental places in the hills so not sure where you are staying but if you want to share I could possibly help on a place to rent from.  BTW your boys will LOVE it!

KandT said:
Ahhh..  you don't have a 5 and 10 year old who think it is the coolest idea ever!

KandT
I waited until my 2 boys, (now 35 and 53), where old enough to rent their own fun.

toofunnie said:
Hi, we live in SD and visit out in the hills alot.  We also own our own side by side and I highly recommend it!  I had never toured that area until last year and it was so much fun!  Be sure not to miss the needles hiway it is amazing!  There are many ATV rental places in the hills so not sure where you are staying but if you want to share I could possibly help on a place to rent from.  BTW your boys will LOVE it!

Thanks TooFunnie!  We are using Black Hills Advenuture.  They seemed awesome on the phone.  I didn't ask what type of side by side.  With a 5 year old we won't be doing anything close to dangerous or stupid.  Let me take that back - we will probably do something stupid just not fast or dangerous.  I am guessing most keep pretty up to date equipment.

Do you think we should take along extra gas?  That was the one rule she mentioned that if they have to rescue us there would be a charge.  We are renting it for 8 hours so I figured a 2 gallon can would be a good idea.  We will stay on the trails, other than that it sounds pretty 4 wheeler friendly.  Pennsylvania is not very 4 wheeler friendly.

KandT that sounds awesome!  I really think you'll love it!  I don't think you will need extra gas but if you are worried then it never hurts to be safe rather than sorry ;)  We usually pass alot of gas stations here and there when we come out of the trails so we just always fill up again at them.  We have never ridden many back wood trails over by the park only stayed on the highway.  The hills are very ATV friendly.  We camp in Lead most all of the summer and ride everywhere around there.  Have lots of fun and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Back
Top Bottom