Need help determining remodel ability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bghouse

I'm hoping to purchase a Coachmen Leprechaun 23QB shortly, and have been looking at a lot of units particularly 2014 models and 2015 models.  One thing I keep trying to figure out is if I have the ability to remove the dinette completely.  I couldn't quite tell if there were items built in under there that makes yanking it out impossible.

So far, I love everything else except that danged table.  The cushions I will figure out how to change out - maybe going to a local shop??  But the table stinks.  I really need a.) adjustable height and b.) the ability to rotate it.  Or pull the thing altogether.

Does anyone know how I can figure out if pulling it out is even an option?  And if not - what should I be googling to find a table that swivels and adjustable legs.  So far I'm coming up with flat, 2 legged versions only.

Along with that - this currently is a 2 leg model. Can that just be replaced with a single leg?

Sorry for the inexperienced questions....

You have the ability! Could you post some pictures of how it is attached. It might be helpful in offering some advice on how to remove it.

Tom

I didn't really take pictures of how it was attached, but I found a picture on the internet.  The guy showing me the units said that there could be water tanks or systems inside the dinnette that would keep it from being removed, but he didn't know.  I went to the Coachmen website but couldn't find anything that would tell me - but of course I don't know what I'm looking for.

As for ability, if it can be done I'll find someone to do it - it will not be me.  I know my own limitations - lol.

Attachments

• 4d5e88135e_640.jpg
    4d5e88135e_640.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 35
It's not quite clear to me from your post whether you want to remove all the seating cabinets and the table or just make the table more manageable. Removing the cabinets should not be too difficult, unless there are permanently installed items such as fender well, water tank, water heater, etc. under the cabinets. The best way to find out is go and look for yourself. If you want to make the table more manageable, you could do what I did and build/buy a smaller table top, perhaps a round or elliptical shape, and then use a telescoping table leg for height adjustment.

We had a TC for a while, and I installed a round table top to replace the rectangular one. It made getting in and out of the dinette seating much easier. In our current TT, I made a smaller rectangular table top about half the size of the original for the same purpose.

The table in the picture that was posted will probably just pull out of the supports in the floor. As far as the seats go, the wood under the custions usually lift up or out so the space under neath is accessable. It maybe for just storage or to gain access to something housed there.

Tom

Thanks guys.  I can't make the 8 hour drive again right now to get from Mexico back up to Los Angeles to check under the seats, which is why I was wondering if there is anyway online to figure that out.

Yes, my question first was can I remove completely.  Don't want a smaller table as I need to be able to work on my computer - but I want to make it more comfortable.  Before I start doing lots of little solutions, I was trying to see if I could just remove completely and do something else in the space.  Since I'm not near the units at the moment, I was hoping to figure this out online.

You could just call your salesman and ask him to look. If the seat has nothing under it, it will simply lift up to reveal storage. If it doesn't lift, it probably does have something under it.

An alternative is to call the manufacturer and ask them.

Ernie

Ron Ross, Service Rep- 1-574-825-8602
Sale Rep, (one of two will answer) 1-574-825-8264

One of the three should be able to get you and answer quickly.

Back
Top Bottom