Fist long full-timer trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KODIAKHERSHEY

Spent the last 20 yrs in Florida. Last fall we sold the house, traded the 20 yr old class A we had on a new ram 3500, dual cab, long be, dual wheel, diesel truck and a 3 yr old 37 ft, 3 slide fifth wheel. Spent the winter in 2 Fl state parks as camp hosts. Loved it, but it was hot all winter. I know, tough luck... Well, decided to head north for the summer, Travel, visit friends and spend some time in Upstate NY, where me and the wife were born and raised. Have not really been back since we left in 74. The USAF took us away.
The trip. Decided to wing it. Except for the first night. Had a reservation at Anastasia SP. Got there, checked in. Tried to get to the site. Way too small. Went back up to the office, they gave us 3 other sites to try. Went back down, almost got stuck on the horseshoe loops. All the sites they gave us were for a 37', plus, RV. NO way. By this time we(I) had had enough. Got a refund and headed north.
Spent a few hrs later that night in a truck stop, everyone was nice, but, it was hot. Headed farther north, in NC found a rest area that a bunch of rv's and trucks were parked. Stayed there for 4 hrs. Headed n again. Landed at a Jellystone park south of Dover, De. Spent 2 nights there, resting. Then went to thge Famcamp at Dover AFB. Stayed a week. Nice park. IN PA now at a state park near Lancaster. OK park, no water to sites, elec only. Camp hosts are the rudest people we have met anywhere in a campground.
We are headin out in the am.
It sounds like an awful trip, not so. And, It will get better.

Thanks. I have it.
Where is your home in Alaska?
I did 2 tours there with the USAF, one of my daughters was born at Fairbanks Memorial.
So one tour at Eielson and one at Galena(on the Yukon). I miss it a lot.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Eielson 5010th CAMS radio shop '77 to '80. Lived in North Pole.

After I retired we lived on McGrath up off Farmers Loop.
First tour, 74-75, Hospital Sq. We lived in town. Second tour at Galina AFS, 1990.
Loved them both, wife, not so much.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom