Xantrex Prosine 1800 inverter issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCarillon

Ok we bought this 2016 Thor Outlaw 38RE. We are having a few issues creeping up. THis issue with the Inverter is it seems to be working  but the remote display inside the coach isnt working properly all of a sudden and I dont believe its worked 100% right since we bought the unit to be honest. The inverter is providing power to the coach like it supposed to since we have a couple plugs and the Residential Fridge works. I turned the Inverter off Friday when we were getting ready to head out by accident so when I turned it back on the LCD screen light up but it was blank.  Now last night I did get a box that lite up on the screen and then another box and character.. So after researching a bit when we got home a little bit ago, I tried  restarting the inverter by unhooking shore Power and unhooking the positive leads on the battery banks for a few minutes. I then hooked the batteries back up and went in and flipped the remote back on, It supposed to show the model number, Voltage and wether Power saver mode is on or off everytime you turn on the inverter at the remote switch. Well it showed the Model, and Voltage and froze there, never went to the power saving screen. Now after looking at the manual I dont think its ever showed the AC Watts being used when I turned it on for the first time and I believe its always been frozen on the voltage screen now that we have had this problem. It is not displaying any error messages at all. no warning sounds either, Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• prosine1.jpg
    prosine1.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 18
  • prosine2.jpg
    prosine2.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 15
Sounds like the Prosine itself is working fine but the remote display is not. They are separate items. Start by disconnecting and reconnecting the cable to the remote.

Does your Prosine have the same display physically on it, or was the display detached to become the remote? If you have a display on the Prosine itself, what does that say?

No Display on Prosine at all just a Phone type Cable coming out of it to the inside of the coach to the remote panel. I Talked to them and they said unhook all power for atleast 30min and try again... I just did it with the same results so I think I will unscrew remote and take it down and hook straight too the unit and eliminate the cable running through the coach

Ok the remote was attached to the inverter but was unscrewed from the housing obviously designed this way and moved up too the inside of the coach.If i hook the LCD Screen to the inverter via the phone cable like it came it works fine. will have to get a new coupler and try it

Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!  Tested the coupler it was fine. It was the phone line running to the remote inside the coach. I tried cutting off each end about 1" back and put on new ends but that wasnt the problem so good thing they had about 15- 20ft extra to use LOL.  It had alot of extra under the cabinet drawers where the remote is mounted so I pulled most of the slack back through to the inverter cut it off and added another end and it works now.

I have the Xantrex 3000 watt and it uses a standard Ethernet cable. Is yours a phone or Ethernet cable? Just curious. Did you check the cable for any damage? Those cables just don't go bad unless something damaged it. I'm guessing one of the ends went bad from vibration and your first fix was bad and not the cable.

Mine uses a 4 wire phone cable not ethernet cable. Its possible my connection wasnt good but like I said I pulled the slack out of it which was an easy 15ft of extra cable going 10'. where the cable came out of the remote and went through the floor it was a sharp 90* turn and went next to the entry steps. Cable seemed to be stuck in that area at first. anyways its working now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom