Need slide out topper parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Just got the rig back from the shop a week ago. I just happened to look up near the roof line and saw that one of the end caps for the L/R topper was missing and the fabric was scraped real bad. I know I didn't hit anything.

I also noticed that when I opened the slide out, the top 2' of the gasket was all soft and mushy like someone sprayed brake clean on it. I know it probably happened at the shop when they were moving it around. They had it for 6 weeks or so. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they say. I don't have a warm feeling that they're going to own up to it.

Looking on line, I think I know the part number I need but can't find a supplier. The topper is made by Carefree and the model is Kover II and it's part #7. Left end cap. I don't want to order it through a dealer and have to pay them to order it. Any ideas out there?  Thanks.

Thanks Gary. I've got one more issue and I 'll post it here and I'll create a new post post. I've seen the names of venders whom sell slide out seals. Any idea who they are?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Google is your friend:  https://www.google.com/search?q=slide+out+seals

Thanks Gary.  I use Google all the time. I tried finding the seal on line and came up empty handed. Then I started thinking. Boy that's scary. My slide out cable driven mechanism is made by BAL ACCU RITE, NORCO INDUSTRIES.
I got on their Web Site and finally found what I needed. I called them this morning and they don't sell to the general public but they gave me the name of a dealer which does. I ordered the gasket @ $2.94/ft. The profile is like the letter "L". The long leg is 1-1/2" and the short leg is 0.582" It's called "Clip in Wipe Seal" Part #R854056 in case anyone is interested.  I purchased it from Colaw RV Parts.  1-417-548-2125.  The also sell used parts.

My point really was that those aren't "slide-out seals" or even RV-specific parts. They are some off-the-shelf seal used on a slide, so the problem is matching up the profile with some standard item. Norco Bal bought them somewhere, and you can too.

In any case, glad you were able to identify it and find a source. Typically the RV builder chooses the seal component style, but I guess BAL did in your case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom