Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Quadra Lift air suspension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMHMike

I'm towing a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk using the Blue Ox Avail and RVi brake system. I'm not using a drop hitch, but raise the Jeep up to the "Off Road 1" position which raises the car 1.3" from normal ride height, or 2.8" from the lowest entry/exit position. The car is still about 4" below the hitch. I can raise the car to "Off Road 2" which will raise the car another 1.3". Normally, Off Road 2 (OR2) can only be used under 25 MPH, but since the car isn't running, it is possible to set it there and tow it. Off Road 1 is usually only for under 50MPH.

I called a Jeep dealer and was told I needed some air in the car to tow it, so not to tow it in the lowest entry/exit mode. My question is does towing the car at the raised heights cause any sort of problem?

2012 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Blue Ox Avail and RVi brake

I have a 2014 with the "air" suspension. I have towed it over 20,000 miles but I always leave the suspension in the normal position. I do not think any of raised positions will stay once the ignition is off for a while but I haven't tested it. Any of the raised positions will cause the front end geometry to change slightly and that may cause handling issues and or extra tire wear.  I wouldn't suggest it.
FYI, the system is a closed nitrogen filled system with an on board pump and a tank that is behind the rear seat.

I have a 2013 Grand Cherokee TrailHawk. I tow it on the Sport suspension setting. If you tow it on the higher settings. The front tires will scrub, and wear the outside edge of both front tires. With the suspension in the higher settings.The front tires toe in. I've towed the CG for over 20,000 miles.

I thought I would look at the section on Recreational Towing in the user manual and it specifically states "If vehicle is equipped with Quadra-Lift? air suspension, ensure the vehicle is set to Normal Ride Height."

Back
Top Bottom