On the road...Gray water full for no reason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelmooch

hello all...gray water inexplicably full after a quick overnight...no faucets dripping...is the "city" water supply somehow filling the gray water tank?  somehow filling the on-board water tank which is spilling over into the gray holding?  advice appreciated...no fun having a full gray tank all the time.  thanks!  :)

Are you just getting a reading from a sensor that the tank is full, or are you able to verify that your tank is indeed full by draining it?

We had that happen a couple of times as we traveled.  We had our on board water tank full.  We had an Reverse osmosis water filter under the sink.  Every time we stopped, we used the water pump to flush the toilet, this also pressurized the RO and the RO makes a lot of waste water to make a gallon of drinking water.  The waste water was going into the gray water tank which eventually filled and backed up into the shower pan and we all of a sudden knew our gray tank was full.  We had to find a gravel road in the middle of no where and water the road ditch flowers. 

After having to do that twice, I figured out that I had to shutoff the water feed line to the RO.  Problem solved. ;D ;D

steelmooch said:
hello all...gray water inexplicably full after a quick overnight...no faucets dripping...is the "city" water supply somehow filling the gray water tank?  somehow filling the on-board water tank which is spilling over into the gray holding?  advice appreciated...no fun having a full gray tank all the time.  thanks!  :)
Unless you have a faucet leaking a little, that should not happen. You know that the tank level indicators are notorious for giving false readings. The only way to prove that it was indeed full, Dump it into a 5 gallon buckets and see how many it takes to empty it. Then knowing what your capacity is, just do the math.

thanks everyone.  no reverse osmosis filter here, and it must have been full because it backed up into the shower pan.  any other ideas or possibilities?  thanks!

I wish I had the details, but it happened to a friend about 6 or 7 years ago. There was a valve that wasn't shut properly causing her city water to fill her gray water tank.

steelmooch said:
thanks everyone.  no reverse osmosis filter here, and it must have been full because it backed up into the shower pan.  any other ideas or possibilities?  thanks!
You have a seperate tank for the kitchen and the bathroom, how many times have you used your trailer? Do you know you have 2 tanks?, have you emptied it or is it still full?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom