Hiding pet dishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99dart

Does anyone have a good ides to keep pet water from spilling/getting tripped over and spilling. We saw the Thor Ace had a pullout drawer in the bathroom that held two dishes. I'm looking for a place on our WS31 that I could make something similar.

Looking at pics of coaches like yours, what about the drawer under the fridge? Or maybe one of those non-skid bowl sets placed behind the driver's seat.

We bought bowls that has a cover and lip that never has spilled sitting in the floor even with some panic stops and rough driving, will try to find pics. Bought at CW

Attachments

• water bowl.jpg
    water bowl.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 18
Wizard46 said:
We bought bowls that has a cover and lip that never has spilled sitting in the floor even with some panic stops and rough driving, will try to find pics. Bought at CW

X2. Have had one of these for years. Doesn't resolve the tripping problem but never spill, even if you bump into it. It's called the "Water-Hole". Here it is at Amazon

kdbgoat said:
Looking at pics of coaches like yours, what about the drawer under the fridge? Or maybe one of those non-skid bowl sets placed behind the driver's seat.

Sounds like you did some research for me!  LOL  Behind the drivers seat would be the easiest solution. We just need to keep from pushing it too far back, the slide comes into part of that area. The drawer under the fridge is the best place for a couple skillets and a sauce pan.

99dart said:
Sounds like you did some research for me!  LOL  Behind the drivers seat would be the easiest solution. We just need to keep from pushing it too far back, the slide comes into part of that area. The drawer under the fridge is the best place for a couple skillets and a sauce pan.

Good info Wizard & Sun. That bowl holds 48oz. it would be stale before our Yorkie could drink that much. LOL  Amazon has a smaller one but the reviews say the lid pops off too easily.

99dart said:
Good info Wizard & Sun. That bowl holds 48oz. it would be stale before our Yorkie could drink that much. LOL  Amazon has a smaller one but the reviews say the lid pops off too easily.

I might have sent the wrong link but there's no way ours holds 48 oz, more like 1-1 1/2 water bottles so 16-20 oz. Lid fits very tightly, like Tupperware. It's a "Water-Hole" brand

We had the "Waterhole" bowl for our dog too, and it worked great. The one and only time it ever spilled any water was when our then nearly blind dog accidentally stepped on the rim and turned it upside down shortly after it was filled. Even then the inner rim limited the spillage.

We have been using "WaterHole" bowls for years. We like them.

'Charlie' & 'Bella'

Attachments

• IMG_4280.JPG
    IMG_4280.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 11
we have that same drawer in our RV.
I'm still scratching my head over it.  We don't travel with pets, but I can imagine accidentally closing it, tripping over it in the middle of the night, and all sorts of problems.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with that drawer.....

Sun2Retire said:
I might have sent the wrong link but there's no way ours holds 48 oz, more like 1-1 1/2 water bottles so 16-20 oz. Lid fits very tightly, like Tupperware. It's a "Water-Hole" brand

Thank you for the information and link.
Just ordered two of these.
Finally.... No more mopping the floor.

BinaryBob said:
Thank you for the information and link.
Just ordered two of these.
Finally.... No more mopping the floor.

I'm sure you'll be pleased with how well  the WaterHole bowls work, Bob. The only time we had any spills at all, and even then not a lot of water, was when our dog was losing her eyesight and occasionally overturned the bowl completely when she accidentally stepped on the edge of it. If the bowl was only about half full though, even then it didn't spill more than a few drops.

NY_Dutch said:
I'm sure you'll be pleased with how well  the WaterHole bowls work, Bob. The only time we had any spills at all, and even then not a lot of water, was when our dog was losing her eyesight and occasionally overturned the bowl completely when she accidentally stepped on the edge of it. If the bowl was only about half full though, even then it didn't spill more than a few drops.

Thanks Dutch. Sad to hear of your dog losing eyesight.
In our case, I am the guilty party. I'm always inadvertently kicking the dang dish making a mess.

Is there a bib that would keep water from dripping out of their jowls? We have two hounds that drink then dribble water all over the floor. It's awful stepping in dripped water in the middle of the night.

megthered1 said:
Is there a bib that would keep water from dripping out of their jowls? We have two hounds that drink then dribble water all over the floor. It's awful stepping in dripped water in the middle of the night.

A friend of ours with a St Bernard has the dog's water dish sitting on a bath mat. It seems to catch the worst of the drool and drips at least, if not all of it.

There are two things you can find at PET SMART one is an aiti-splash water bowl.. It has a lid with a hole in it, NOw this is for travel and it is in the "Travel" section of the store.

THe other is a Rubber mat with a ridge, water still splashes onto the mat but no farther

YOu can get "Weather Trapper" floor mats too (Auto stores) designed to capture the water that melts off your boots in the wintertime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom