Using extended warranty during normal warranty period?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CP

Does anyone know if you can use your extended warranty even though you have new purchase warranty in place? The reason I ask is service at place of purchase is not very good and I know a place that is good. I think the place I know of can accept extended warranty coverages but they can't perform normal warranty work on new RV.
Thanks for your insight.
CP

I would call the factory and see what they say- also ask the place you want to go to.

No, the warranty company will not pay if there is any factory warranty in effect for the rig or the component that failed. It undoubtedly says so somewhere in the contract.

You can ask the RV manufacturer if they will authorize a specific repair at the shop you like. They usually will if there is a reason they consider valid. Whether your concern is one of them can only be determined by asking.

Thanks SMR and Gary. I will check with factory personnel to see if the dealership I would like to use is ok with them.

Contacted Newmar and they contacted the repair shop I recommended. It now looks like I can take my MH to them for warrant work. Great job Newmar! I am truly impressed on their genuine effort to help us out.

Back
Top Bottom