Standard Bath to Wet Room Style (pros and cons?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So our 21' travel trailer has a standard bathroom with toilet, shower, and sink all seperate.  It is very tight in there.  The whole bathroom is approximately 3 3/4' wide by 4 1/2' deep with one angled wall.  My hubby was considering taking the shower out (which has about 6" of wasted space behind it (the back wall of the trailer is angled and the shower wall is straight and the plumbing is behind it).  He also wants to take out the small vanity then turn the entire room into a shower with a toilet that sits to one side (and we could change the angle of the toilet on the hole a little so we aren't crammed against the wall so tight.  We would also put in a small corner sink, just big enough to brush teeth and wash a face etc.  I think he has a GREAT idea and I would love more space to change clothes, shower, etc in the bathroom. 

Questions about this sort of thing though, I assume a lip would be required at the doorway and we'd have to create a sort of showerpan out of the floor area, then we'd line all the walls with shower board and seal all seams with trim and something waterproof.  There is a light fixture that I think would be ok as long as we sealed around the base of the fixture well.  Any recommendations on this sort of idea?

I don't mind the bathroom the way it is but it is VERY tight!  Honestly I am just happy to HAVE a bathroom at all and running water!  This would be a very nice upgrade though enjoying a little more space.  Here are some pics of the bathroom as it is now,.

Attachments

• Bathroom 6.jpg
    Bathroom 6.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 25
  • bathroom 4.jpg
    bathroom 4.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Bathroom 3.jpg
    Bathroom 3.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Bathroom 5.jpg
    Bathroom 5.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Bathroom 2 drawing.jpg
    Bathroom 2 drawing.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 21
Sounds like a major undertaking and water is going to have to be collected and drained very well. There's a product called "RedGard". Google it there's videos on YouTube. If the improvement is worth all the effort, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom