TUNNEL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Assuming you mean the I-10 tunnel the answer is yes, it is good, just watch out if you are heading west in the  afternoon as the sun can be blinding (backlighting the sharp curve) as you exit the tunnel.

If you mean the old Bank Street (old hwy 90) tunnel just north of the I-10 tunnel, then no it does not have enough clearance (12 ft I think), but also it has narrow lanes and 2 way traffic.

By law, ALL overhead clearances on INTERSTATE highways must be at least 13' 6".

On the older US routes, that law does not apply.

If we remember correctly get into the 2nd right lane prior to tunnel approach.  This puts you in the right lane through the I10 tunnel.  Also there is/was a video you might search for.

Dan & Jennifer

PAPA BARE said:
Doe's the Mobile tunnel have clearance for a 40' motorhome to get through or do you have to go around.

PAPA BARE
The "Mobile Tunnel clearance"‎ is ‎16 feet.
(See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace_Tunnel)

The inside lane on I 25 in front of Mile High Stadium is at 12'6" I do believe. The two outside lanes are just under 14'. I believe this is correct. I always had to be sure to be in the left lane when going through there. There is sign to warn people but you could miss that sign. A trucker warned me at a truck stop in Wy.

Raylc said:
The inside lane on I 25 in front of Mile High Stadium is at 12'6" I do believe. The two outside lanes are just under 14'. I believe this is correct. I always had to be sure to be in the left lane when going through there. There is sign to warn people but you could miss that sign. A trucker warned me at a truck stop in Wy.

The two middle lanes are the high ones, and the posted signs indicate that trucks must be in one of those two lanes. The arch in the bridge makes the outside lanes shorter.

Following is a long video shows the lane to use so do not change lanes, what the approach looks like and going through the tunnel.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwiduJzTg93UAhVn7YMKHTm-A0YQwqsBCCowAQ&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA

Back
Top Bottom