Shower in 8 foot cabover camper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DWJoyce

Hey folks.

Any ideas about having a shower in an 8 foot cabover camper? It doesn't have room for a built-in shower and I don't want to take showers outside. Any thoughts other than "take showers outside"?

I saw a camper shower somewhere on the web that was a drain in the entry floor with a shower curtain enclosing that space and a hose to the kitchen sink for the shower head.

Thanks in advance.

DWJoyce said:
Hey folks.

Any ideas about having a shower in an 8 foot cabover camper? It doesn't have room for a built-in shower and I don't want to take showers outside. Any thoughts other than "take showers outside"?

I saw a camper shower somewhere on the web that was a drain in the entry floor with a shower curtain enclosing that space and a hose to the kitchen sink for the shower head.

Thanks in advance.

Take sponge baths.

DWJoyce said:
Any ideas about having a shower in an 8 foot cabover camper? It doesn't have room for a built-in shower and I don't want to take showers outside.

You sorta answered your own question - there isn't room. Many years ago I had a 10 foot cabover and it had a dinky wet bath (and was two feet longer). Putting a drain in the floor dumps the water in the bed of your truck as there's no room to add pumbing under the floor.

For a short time we used a small plastic tub as a shower pan. We connected a short piece of hose in the side of the pan as close to the bottom as possible. The hose then went through a hole in the camper wall that was just above the camper floor. The tub was about 24 x 16 and used to mix concrete in available at Home Depot. It was a pain to use but it worked and we got our showers.

Tom

Thanks, Folks.

OK, so I'll take a sponge bath while mixing concrete in a bucket with a hole in the bottom!

LOL ;-)

I spoke with a guy in the parking lot at work who had a short-bed 4-Wheel popup camper. He pointed out the outside shower head behind a tiny little door on the side of the camper. Then he said, "but it has a hot water heater and works great!" He also told me his camper doesn't have a grey water tank and pointed to a drain on the side of the camper. Then he opened the door a there was the porta potty, and I quote "for extreme cases only!" Turns out he uses his camper for overnights at yacht clubs, when he's racing his sailboat, and for off-road camping.

That was an awesome little camper, weighting in a 780 pounds empty with an aluminum frame, three source fridge, water heater and queen size bed in the cabover.

Sun2Retire said:
You sorta answered your own question - there isn't room. Many years ago I had a 10 foot cabover and it had a dinky wet bath (and was two feet longer). Putting a drain in the floor dumps the water in the bed of your truck as there's no room to add pumbing under the floor.

There are a lot of campers 8' and under with showers and toilets.
Truck Camper magazine lists and there are many more that they don't list.

A common mod, at least it used to be....in popup campers was a dinette shower

Folks would cut down a laundry tub utility sink to fit in the space under the dinette bench.
Hang a shower curtain from the ceiling, and pipe in a handheld shower to the kitchen faucet with a hose long enough to reach.  If memory serves, the drain would use the sink's strainer piped through the floor to a bucket or an aquatainer or similar
The curtain and rod could unclip from the ceiling and store in the shower pan

Seems like a lot of the photo links are now dead, but at least this might point you in the direction of some ideas....
http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/index.php?topic=76292.0

My 8.5 footer has a shower and a toilet in a separate room.

Attachments

• 85WS.jpg
    85WS.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom